Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn reawaken, sacrifice and (primed) regen mods

Zi-Sui

Edit: this topic is moot, I didn't realize Djinn's reawaken has no cooldown but basically just a wait time before another revive.

So I recently started using Djinn with some squishier frames because of Reawaken + Sacrifice combo. My feedback concerns adding Regen mod, especially Primed Regen, to that. No matter what order you put Primed Regen and Reawaken in the mod table, Djinn always uses first Primed Regen charges to revive itself before using a Reawaken charge. How do I know this? I tested it. You can see the Reawaken's debuff on your buff line, a red icon with less than 90 second timer on max rank of the mod. That doesn't appear with Djinn dying the first two times. My Primed Regen is two ranks away from max rank where you get three revives, but that shouldn't matter.

How about buffing this a bit by allowing Djinn consume the charge of whichever of the Primed Regen and Reawaken mod was put first on the mod table, just like how putting elemental mods in order matters? This way you could preserve the Primed Regen charges a bit longer if you wanted to. I know it's a small power creep, but lets face it, Djinn is not exactly the most popular sentinel out there with Carrier and Helios and their primed versions. Hell, I bet even Prisma Shade sees more use.

So how about this small buff to Djinn? He's way squishier than the primed and prisma sentinels already so why not?

Edited by BoarWarrior

The problem is likely down to them both 'doing the same job' but one does it quicker so is consumed before the other, which in a way makes perfect sense. 

If you change the mods to 'ignore' regen if you have reawaken on then it basically defeats the point of regen being on the frame as you'll basically be waiting 90 seconds for each revive, however if you change it so it only uses regen if you haven't got a reawaken charge available then the next request from players will be can you make regen wait if I have x seconds left before reawaken returns etc. 

While I can kind of see your issue, personally I'd rather see a 'compromise' and have reawaken have a shorter duration between revives, 60 seconds would feel much more comfortable imo.  In all honesty though, this might be because I wouldn't run regen on djinn due to reawaken.

11 hours ago, Asphyxxia said:

Except then Primed/Regen would be unused. Reawaken doesn't have a cooldown, it simply revives your sentinel 90 seconds after it dies.

Ahh sorry didn't know this, thought it would revive the sentinel instantly and then apply the cooldown. My bad.

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

The problem is likely down to them both 'doing the same job' but one does it quicker so is consumed before the other, which in a way makes perfect sense. 

If you change the mods to 'ignore' regen if you have reawaken on then it basically defeats the point of regen being on the frame as you'll basically be waiting 90 seconds for each revive, however if you change it so it only uses regen if you haven't got a reawaken charge available then the next request from players will be can you make regen wait if I have x seconds left before reawaken returns etc. 

While I can kind of see your issue, personally I'd rather see a 'compromise' and have reawaken have a shorter duration between revives, 60 seconds would feel much more comfortable imo.  In all honesty though, this might be because I wouldn't run regen on djinn due to reawaken.

Fair points. I tested the Reawaken too but didn't realize its' mechanic was like this. 60 seconds sounds good yes, even 75 seconds would be pretty nice but 90 seconds is fine too if you ask me because if you die more than that you have some issues that need fixing. I just started using Djinn so I could solo Mot survival in Void with Nekros. Even with Arcane Guardian x 2 and tank build I'm quite squishy there.

4 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

I just started using Djinn so I could solo Mot survival in Void with Nekros. Even with Arcane Guardian x 2 and tank build I'm quite squishy there.

Are you using despoil, shield of shadows and health conversion?  You basically need those for the 'synergy' (and maybe equilibrium for energy) to make Nekros a 'tank'

Just now, LSG501 said:

Are you using despoil, shield of shadows and health conversion?  You basically need those for the 'synergy' (and maybe equilibrium for energy) to make Nekros a 'tank'

Yes I am, and using ghosts whenever I remember. I kinda wanna use Stretch instead of Overextended so that my ghosts would last longer, already rocking Intensify on tank build for that purpose.

1 minute ago, BoarWarrior said:

Yes I am, and using ghosts whenever I remember. I kinda wanna use Stretch instead of Overextended so that my ghosts would last longer, already rocking Intensify on tank build for that purpose. 

Yeah your ghosts don't need to be that far away from you in all honesty.  You might not have quite enough damage reduction from SoS, check some builds online but I believe (just got up, still half asleep lol) you need a certain amount of strength to max out SoS damage reduction. 

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah your ghosts don't need to be that far away from you in all honesty.  You might not have quite enough damage reduction from SoS, check some builds online but I believe (just got up, still half asleep lol) you need a certain amount of strength to max out SoS damage reduction. 

Oh so that was the problem. Yeah my ghosts do die pretty quickly and I spend a lot of time without them because of that. Will make a solo or 2-man build with Stretch instead of Overextended and Blind Rage instead of Intensify, that should do the trick. Thanks a lot!