The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's proposed changes that were shot down?

TioMegaManX

Question

I seem to have missed the memo but some people on YT mention stuff that apparently players didn't want in the end despite being probably a solution to some issues, among them there was the idea of ditching mandatory mods like Serration and making the weapon deal more damage by leveling up, I also remember something like multishot consuming more ammo (which would be weird for certain guns with very limited magazine capacity), most recently I heard about the login reward system, did they back down on that one too? Damage 2.5 certainly needed more thought considering they wanted to turn impact status into the same thing most bows and other projectile weapons already do, so, how many have I missed and who decided they were better forgotten?

4 answers to this question

The removal of mandatory mods wasn't shot down, it just hasn't materialized yet, and the multishot thing was a knee-jerk reaction to everyone complaining that Shattered Justice didn't work on the Vaykor Hek,

The one you did miss was the time Glenn tried to ram through slowing down Excavation rewards. Obviously that went over like a lead balloon.

1 minute ago, Jaysus41 said:

The removal of mandatory mods wasn't shot down, it just hasn't materialized yet, and the multishot thing was a knee-jerk reaction to everyone complaining that Shattered Justice didn't work on the Vaykor Hek,

The one you did miss was the time Glenn tried to ram through slowing down Excavation rewards. Obviously that went over like a lead balloon.

What exactly was that excavation thing?

il y a 11 minutes, Jaysus41 a dit :

It actually went through tho.

il y a 9 minutes, VanFanel1980mx a dit :

What exactly was that excavation thing?

Glenn modified the spawn algorithms behind the excavator in excavations si that they don't spawn as close anymore. 

Basically it slowed down the rate at which you can complete excavators and thus the rate at which you get mission rewards. 

18 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

It actually went through tho.

Glenn modified the spawn algorithms behind the excavator in excavations si that they don't spawn as close anymore. 

Basically it slowed down the rate at which you can complete excavators and thus the rate at which you get mission rewards. 

The bane of my existence when cryotic is needed. Nothing like running 1000m from one side of the map to the other. At least my volt gets his exercise lol.