Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashes when I log in

NebbyOtt

I am able to update the game, I am able to open the game, I get the login screen, I type in my password, I successfully log in, my character starts to get up for a couple frames, the game freezes, the game crashes, there is no crash reporter. This happens every time, and the Warframe support team member is assigned to my ticket seems to have no idea what's going on or how to fix it, telling me to change my DNS settings and port forward my router and make sure my firewall allows Warframe.exe, (basically has no idea, I respect them and am thankful for the attempt, but I just need to find someone who has a better idea of what might be happening here because it's been weeks and weeks since I've been able to start the game and there's no end in sight, also they take roughly an average of 12 hours to respond) I've always been able to log on just fine with my router and dns settings intact, and nothing has changed since then except the version of Warframe installed to my computer. I have varified and optimized warframe's download cache, I have tried disabling DirectX 10 and 11, I've tried everything the support person told me too, nothing has worked.

The support assistant seemed pretty sure that something on my PC is blocking the connection attempt (even though the launcher can update Warframe, and Warframe itself can validate my password) That's all I know. It does always crash when everything (The chat client, the news board on the front right of the orbiter) is loaded but before any text is loaded, which does support that theory.

If anyone can help or has any ideas, please do share.

Edited by TennoHack

33 views and not one response,SOMEONE has to know what's going on here, I think the support assistant is stumped, they had me attempt to use a VPN to log in from different regions, which didn't work, and now they havn't responded in over 2 days... does anyone have anything to say? This is getting rediculous! I havn't been able to play Warframe in over a month now!

Edited by TennoHack

1 hour ago, Godzilla853 said:

Is it your computer maybe?

Well that's a bit of a broad question, Godzilla, (loved you in Godzilla btw) I mean, logically, it's either my computer, or their servers. But from my experimentation, my computer seems to have nothing wrong with it, firstly, nothing significant has changed since the last time I was able to play, especially not with anything network related. I've tried everything under the sun to counter any of the usual problems, firewall, that kinda stuff... My computer seems to be in perfect health over here, I take good care of it... yet this problem persists. It's able to connect to the warframe servers to update, and to log me in, so I'm wondering if that's REALLY the problem, wondering if it's not connecting that's the problem, but instead the problem is recieving the information from the server, something isn't handling the datapackets properly, because the frame that the game freezes and crashes looks to be the frame that the text (chatbox tabs and text, news board text) should be appearing, maybe it has something to do with that, but idk.

I also want to make a point that it's not just my one account, I have two accounts and both of them crash when I try to log into them

Edited by TennoHack

2 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Have you tried to verify the files with the launcher?

Many times. But one thing I never did until just now is disable 64bit, bulk downloading, and multi threading, and it actually ran for 20 seconds after login! which is unheard of. (mail poped up while ordis described how unread inbox messages makes him ill) When it did crash, i got the crash reporter, which I can only assume sends the logs along with my message describing what happened, so that might turn everything around.

Yes, I have disabled them in the past to no avail

EDIT: Huh, suddenly having 64bit, aggressive downloading (it was aggressive, not bulk), and multi threaded rendering off doesn't work anymore...

Edited by TennoHack

4 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Do you happen to have a razor mouse? I know a weird question.

There are no stupid questions at this point, who knows what could be interfering. No, I have a logitech mouse, BUT, I have a Razor (Ornata Chroma) Keyboard, that I believe I DID first plug in some time after the last time I was able to successfully log in, and has been plugged in every time I've tried to log in unsuccessfully, do you think this could be causing the problem? I do have the Razer keyboard features enabled in warframe.... I'm scared to try it without the keyboard... incase it doesn't work; but if you think that could be the cause...

Edited by TennoHack

15 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Tell me how it goes.

Sadly I don't think it worked... My keyboard is unpluged, Razer Central and Razer Synnapse are nowhere to be found on the taskbar or in the Task Manager, and I even went as far as to disable the services and reboot the computer without them active... and the game still crashes all the same...

5 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

also try to uninstall the program and have you tried disabling the features in warframe?

I'll try, and I can't get to the options menu in warframe, remember?

3 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Is there not a razor chroma sdk on your pc?

Yep, never heard of it, was never informed it was there, no idea what it does, ain't there no more tho

Edited by TennoHack