Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Navigation in Cetus, please!

AJman14

Can we have navigation in Cetus? It's really annoying to be required to go back to our orbiter, just to go to the next mission that we want to do. It also breaks up any squad we had going.

Thanks for your consideration!

P.S. Please add it to Fortuna, too, before it comes out!

It would be nice, but from a game stand point your navigation is on your orbiter and the only reason you can navigate from relay or your dojo is because they are directly connected to your orbiter. It'd be a useful very useful thing to have, for simplicity's sake and would be a nice addition. 

And as a bonus it'd be a small help to those with average or less than average PC's to minimize loading screens. I definitely use to have this issue on my last PC.

12 hours ago, LazyRogue said:

It would be nice, but from a game stand point your navigation is on your orbiter and the only reason you can navigate from relay or your dojo is because they are directly connected to your orbiter. It'd be a useful very useful thing to have, for simplicity's sake and would be a nice addition. 

And as a bonus it'd be a small help to those with average or less than average PC's to minimize loading screens. I definitely use to have this issue on my last PC.

I disagree about it being linked to the craft. The navigation rooms on neither the dojo nor the relay have your landing craft connected. You never even see your landing craft in the dojo!

If we're dropped into Cetus, and can be picked up (by returning to the landing craft), then why can't we be picked up and taken to the next objective, at the same time?

Also, yes, people with slow computers (or internet!) can take a long time to load back to the craft. My friend had to restart the game the other day while leaving Cetus, because they were stuck in the loading screen forever.

I don't think navigation and cetus is much of an issue but i find the foundry and cetus really annoying.
i wish you could access the foundry from cetus because all of the items you have to craft from cetus add up.

Ex: Zaw components take 1 hr to build, you leave cetus cetus start building. Come back 1 jr later assemble on cetus. Go back to ship level it. Go back to cetus to guild... Concept just feels clunky. 

One possibility is having a gear piece or a part that you have to build that attaches to the warframe that comes up in the esc menu. It could work like sending an email attachment to the orbitor foundry to get started on it or as a leave squad function and a call to the orbitor for a pickup. I know there are problems with host migration with this and I'm unsure how to overcome this unless dedicated servers become the norm.

7 hours ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

Ex: Zaw components take 1 hr to build, you leave cetus cetus start building. Come back 1 jr later assemble on cetus. Go back to ship level it. Go back to cetus to guild... Concept just feels clunky. 

Now that you mention it yes, i agree with that part. i had that very issue today creating a new amp.

Going back to the topic of Navigation, a useful idea, very much so yes. I think its more a question of how to integrate it.
When i say connected i mean, literally connected to which ever, at the relay you dock at it your systems would be connected in that sense.
Nonetheless it would be something that would be helpful, and something i think could be done.

4 hours ago, Handstamp said:

Maybe we could have a teleporter between Cetus and the Strata relay? considering how they load, I think the transition would be smooth, and it wouldn't break squards apart like returning to orbiter does currently.

With Railjack coming out it looks like there could be a live transition from on to the other. Just a thought.

Well, Cetus is really big and has very little content populating it, I don't see why DE couldn't implement a few shortcuts.

Maybe one of the tables in the marketplace has a sort of map spread out, showing the different planets (with little scribbled notes around it), and there's a small tenno terminal next to it on the table that relays all our alert info and stuff.

As for foundries, could be the same sort of deal, maybe near Hok's forge. A tenno beaming link that can teleport down your foundry items (I mean, we have the Arsenal access, which can clearly beam us our equipment from the Orbiter, so...)

Then, bring Kubrow/Kavat breeding as a side-stall to Master Teasonai or something.

It's not like they couldn't make it happen, and it wouldn't need to be fancy. Frankly, I think that players should have a bit of a choice between making the Orbiter or Dojo their default home, and that could easily extend to Cetus and Vallis. All they need to do is add stations for our stuff to get beamed in, and we're set (and hey, they could make all the stuff as decorations or even entire rooms in the Dojo. Imagine a full room-scale foundry with weapon display options, or a companion cryopod room for Kubrows)

4 hours ago, Xarteros said:

Well, Cetus is really big and has very little content populating it, I don't see why DE couldn't implement a few shortcuts.

Maybe one of the tables in the marketplace has a sort of map spread out, showing the different planets (with little scribbled notes around it), and there's a small tenno terminal next to it on the table that relays all our alert info and stuff.

As for foundries, could be the same sort of deal, maybe near Hok's forge. A tenno beaming link that can teleport down your foundry items (I mean, we have the Arsenal access, which can clearly beam us our equipment from the Orbiter, so...)

Then, bring Kubrow/Kavat breeding as a side-stall to Master Teasonai or something.

It's not like they couldn't make it happen, and it wouldn't need to be fancy. Frankly, I think that players should have a bit of a choice between making the Orbiter or Dojo their default home, and that could easily extend to Cetus and Vallis. All they need to do is add stations for our stuff to get beamed in, and we're set (and hey, they could make all the stuff as decorations or even entire rooms in the Dojo. Imagine a full room-scale foundry with weapon display options, or a companion cryopod room for Kubrows)

Although it sounds cool, I think that's a bit far-fetched. The foundry is clearly build into the landing craft. (Also needs access to your resources)

Navigation isn't. I mean it is, but it's also built into relays and dojos. Something that could easily be added to Cetus.

Also, doesn't the loading screen when going back to the orbiter from Cetus seems strange? You ride your orbiter to go back to your orbiter...