Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon poster of Tau System?

Zahnny

I forget if I already made a thread like this and if I have, I apologize.

So last TennoCon I got a digital ticket and got the goodies but something always bothered me about the poster given.

Pic in spoiler:

Spoiler

08yR6qx.jpg

To me looking at this poster it doesn't seem like the Origin System, at least if we're using our (Sol)ar System model for the Origin system which seems to pretty much be the case in Warframe. I'm not sure if this is artistic or stylistic and I'm just theory crafting for no reason but as I'm sure you all know, using our real world example we have 4 terrestrial planets and 4 gas giants. Also the terrestrial Pluto beyond the orbit of Neptune because you're still a planet to me. I won't refer to Planet X's gravitational anomolies as I feel it's irrelevent to this post.

Inside the orbit of the lazily named Asteroid Belt we have our 4 rocky planets, in order of distance to Sol/Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars.

Inside the asteroid belt we have the largest asteroid known as Ceres which is arguably more dwarf-planet than asteroid with its liquid oceans and paranormal lights.

Then beyond the asteroid belt's orbit we have in order of distance away, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

I apologize if I sound like I'm dumbing this down, just wanted to use it as a refresher. So back to the poster above, we see a Star and what I assume to be 4 terrestrial planets and 2 gas giants, minus any that could be hidden behind the star, the planets moons or this chart just being an incomplete representation. While it can be argued this is just an obscure depiction of the Origin system I just find it peculiar that two of the orbits seem to place more than one planet on the same orbital path, which is of course wrong by our real world example.

I'm also unsure of what it says above the system but I recognize the symbols as mod polarities. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm entirely wrong about all this but given the release of The New War trailer I'm curious as to if this is a depiction of what the Tau system might look like. I'm not sure what the point of posting this was but I just wanted to get it out there and maybe see some people talking about it.

" Inside the asteroid belt, we have the largest asteroid known as Ceres which is arguably more dwarf-planet than asteroid with its liquid oceans and paranormal lights. "

not paranormal...most probably a salt of sorts.

To me, based on the fact they made the earth look kinda earth like, I'd say its the Sol system. Yes, it's missing 2 giants and one PLANET PLUTO. It's a planet, tired of this crap. By the definition of what makes a planet most planets are not planets....sorrry. Yeah I'd say Sol system.