The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Vastos - Mods To Aim For?

Wyrri

Question

7h9miLd.png

^What I'm with at the moment^

Helloes,

So recently I've been working on my Dual Vastos. A lot. However I've never really delved too deeply into what mods I should have. To that end I had the three elemental mods attached in the three empty spaces. Since I'm going all forma on this...more often than not my mods are off my Dual Vastos...&...yeah...

...I sort of accidentally fused them into Hornet Strike.

Whoops.

I contemplated the idea of getting in touch to see about getting them back, but I decided to actually work towards a better goal instead...no time like the present where you've made a mistake, right?

So what should I aim for? I'm currently thinking:

250px-Lethal_Torrent.png250px-No_Return.png250px-Quickdraw.jpg

Then possibly maybe swap Gunslinger for:

250px-Pistol-Seeker.png

Obviously this is subject to finding the damn things...I've never seen Seeker, for example & I never got Lethal Torrent.

So ideas would be awesome! I'm willing to forma more, too...I've got something like 2 more with 3 ready to cook! Though I can't imagine I'll need to keep going all that much, I'm willing.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Wyrri

13 answers to this question

Not a big fan of Crit builds, so I would remove both of relevant mods. Instead Ice Storm and Lethal Torrent. No return is a must. Reload speed is ok, so I would not bother with quickdraw. Maybe Ice dmg mod (Deep freeze?) to boost Ice Storm, and one spot left for relevant vs. Faction mod or for reload speed if you find default one unsatisfying.

Edited by SabreUr

Hornet strike, faction mods(depends on the situation), armor piercing, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, gunslinger(if this doesnt fit just keep lethal torrent), reload or mag size, from there you could either get crit mods, or elemental. Just know that this isnt the same weapon as the vasto so adapt the build.

Until we hit the U10 damage rework, my suggestion....

Hornet

Diffusion

Torrent

Return

Ice Storm OR Deep Freeze

Gambit

Cracker

Stunning Speed OR Quickdraw

- Dropping gunslinger for Quickdraw/SS as the akimbo makes up for the fire rate lost but nukes reload speed. Lethal Torrent has aspd on it.

- Crit build on these puts them head-and-shoulders ahead of Akbolto in terms of AP vs AP+PI DPS. As in they outDPS Akbolto even against 2k+ armor by a notable amount. Then it's simply kunai vs despair- and like always, despair wins in 99.9% of situations.

- Conversely, because armor nukes chromatic build effectiveness. Unless the weapon is under 10/150 or 7.5/200 chance/damage, crit builds are good, and on weapons below that... If the base is armor-bypassing, just get yourself some other mods and use those (puncture, aspd, relspd, clip, etc), as Electric and Fire are currently S#&$ (with Electric being less S#&$ due to Moas not having armor and taking x2 from it). If your pase is *not* armor-bypassing, go full chromatic as you're going for death by a thousand cuts to begin with.

- While Deep Freeze has higher cold%, cold damage amount really only helps vs Shields. Since your base damage isn't AI either, your damage loss from hitting a shield isn't that high (assuming Bullet is applied before AP). The slow will apply either way.

- Quickdraw vs Stunning Speed, SS trades 8% (as in QD is roughly 20% more of an increase than SS) of the reload speed increase for a good amount of stun chance. Great for stopping ancients that are charging at you. Kinda bad if you're trying to be pinpoint accurate. Choice depends on playstyle.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Until we hit the U10 damage rework, my suggestion....

Hornet

Diffusion

Torrent

Return

Ice Storm OR Deep Freeze

Gambit

Cracker

Stunning Speed OR Quickdraw

+1

Exactly what I'd suggest. Personally I prefer Ice Storm and Stunning Speed, for prettymuch the points TheBlueJelly has made. Larger clip size makes the tiny loss of reload speed less painful, and I find the extra bit of stun and larger clip more useful than more cold damage.

CmEwMzD.jpg

Thank you so much for the replies!

As soon as I got a solid list with reasons from TheBlueJelly I decided to go looking for a Corpus Nightmare (because as I understand it, No Return is from Corpus? Correct me if I'm wrong!) & after only 3-4 runs on a low level capture mission, I nabbed myself Lethal Torrent, Ice Storm & Stunning Speed!

I'm almost glad I accidentally fused away my elemental mods.

Of course this means I'm going to have to do a lot more in the way of forma...but I figure it'll be worth it.

A final point to clarify, if you might? No Return. I remove Gunslinger in favour of it, yes?

Thank you again, really!

Edited by Wyrri

CmEwMzD.jpg

As soon as I got a solid list with reasons from TheBlueJelly I decided to go looking for a Corpus Nightmare (because as I understand it, No Return is from Corpus? Correct me if I'm wrong!) & after only 3-4 runs on a low level capture mission, I nabbed myself Lethal Torrent, Ice Storm & Stunning Speed!

Of course this means I'm going to have to do a lot more in the way of potatoes...but I figure it'll be worth it.

A final point to clarify, if you might? No Return. I remove Gunslinger in favour of it, yes?

Thank you again, really!

Damn brah, the RNG smiled on you today ^_^

That is what I'd suggest. No Return will make you deal good damage at all levels (due to the current armor scaling system being $&*^s; they're reworking it Coming Soon, assumed to be U10). Biggest reason, the akimbo thingy gives you a huge aspd buff already, making the aspd mod less important. Torrent gives you 80% instead of 20% for 3 bullets, so it wins over GS.

As to where No Return drops.... "Pffffbbbt F*** if I know lol"

The wiki might be able to "confirm", assuming it's accurate. I think I've gotten it in void runs from parkour challenge rooms, but don't quote me on that.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

CmEwMzD.jpg

Of course this means I'm going to have to do a lot more in the way of potatoes...but I figure it'll be worth it.

Thank you again, really!

This sems alright. looks great. How is the dual vastos btw i  like my classic gunslinger but my kunai is staring at me..... looking....watching

As soon as I got a solid list with reasons from TheBlueJelly I decided to go looking for a Corpus Nightmare (because as I understand it, No Return is from Corpus? Correct me if I'm wrong!)

No, you're right. I tend to get most of my No Return mods from Corpus crewmen. Just today I got two lulzing about in Kiliken.

You shouldnt need to Forma again, you should be able to fit in the 4 non polarized slots:

No Return R5 (Costs 7)

Lethal Torrent R5 (11)

Ice Storm R3 (9)

Leaving 11 points for:

Quick Draw R5 (7) or Stunning Speed R3 (9)

And yes, drop Gunslinger, as you'll have Lethal Torrent maxed (+60%) and the akimbo version of the vasto already has 2x fire rate of the basic vasto.

Edit: Consider a 9 point Bane (Cleanse for Pistols, w/e) mod instead of reload speed for more burst dps and slightly less sustained dps.

Edited by Darzk

Edit: Consider a 9 point Bane (Cleanse for Pistols, w/e) mod instead of reload speed for more burst dps and slightly less sustained dps.

Personally I"m not the biggest fan of the Bane mods. They're good, but in the one situation where you'd really want that extra oomph (T3), they don't really work.

Unlike with D&D where you can pop Undead-Bane on your rapier so you can use it effectively against Skeletons, the banes here aren't as.... Good, I guess would be the best phrase.

As to Bane over Holy property, it'd be a damn shame if someone casted Protection from Good, or had an innate alignment DR against Good. Bane's a lot cheaper and doesn't trade away some versatility.

Endless defense/survival. Anywhere else is overkill with what he currently even has. 

I guess a "Bane, Expel, Smite and Cleanse of Corrupted" should come out ;) 

'Cept survival quickly turns into a power-based carry regardless, and both it and Extreme High-Wave Defense don't require much as if you can go to x you can basically go forever.

I'd have to test it but I always thought it worked on them, but only on the ones from that race- so you'd need all three to hit everything but the Osprey with the bonus 30%.