Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Weapon Swapping/Holstering

ljmadruga

There are times in warframe where I have a minor inconvenience when swapping out exalted weapons, most often with Ivara and Mesa. A good example of this is when I have Artemis bow equipped with Ivara but I need to swap to my Talons (don't judge me they're really good weapons). In order to do that I have to disable Artemis Bow, then swap from my Baza to my talons with my normal weapon swap button. Now, If I want my Artemis bow back, I simply hit 4 again but I need to get an energy orb first because I had the buff active on the original bow before I disabled it.

The solution? Seamless swapping.

If I activate Artemis bow on Ivara, Artemis bow occupies my primary weapon slot, allowing me to swap to my secondary or melee weapon should I need it. It still disables energy regeneration as if it were equipped even if it's holstered until I disable it by pressing 4 again.

This can be extended to all frames with Exalted weapons

- Excalibur's Exalted Blade would still drain energy while holstered. Can be wielded with a one handed secondary weapon. Occupies the melee weapon slot

- Mesa's Peacemakers would only have this feature with the Mesa's Waltz equipped. They also drain energy while holstered, occupying the secondary slot.

- Valkyr's Talons also drain energy while holstered, but will only make her invincible while in use. Occupies the melee weapon slot.

- Wukong's Iron staff drains energy while holstered. Occupies the melee weapon slot. 

2 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Valkyr's Talons also drain energy while holstered,

I don’t think it makes sense to allow it on Valkyr. I don’t know why, it just does not seem right. I do wonder why this was never actually implemented for applicable frames. It does seem to be more logical than having to disable and re-enable.

• Perhaps there is an issue with doing this which stopped DE?

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

I don’t think it makes sense to allow it on Valkyr. I don’t know why, it just does not seem right. I do wonder why this was never actually implemented for applicable frames. It does seem to be more logical than having to disable and re-enable.

• Perhaps there is an issue with doing this which stopped DE?

Yeah, Valkyr was a little tricky. But in all technicality, Hysteria is an exalted weapon, albeit heavy on the energy drain and with the added minor bonus of total invincibility.

2 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Hysteria is an exalted weapon

I guess my question is fairly simple - how do you sheath your claws? Hysteria always just seems more like a "state of being" than the other exalted weapons. Yes, it is an exalted weapon. But it just seems a little different when compared to the others. So I don't really thing it fits with sheathing. All the rest do, but not Hysteria. It would not be gamebreaking if DE implemented it though.