Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does Limbo's 3 actually do?

TARINunit9

Question

inb4 "it makes your squad hate you"

"Surges nearby Rift-bound enemies with Rift energy. When killed the Rift Surge is transferred to a nearby enemy outside the rift. Surged enemies that leave the Rift perform a radial Banish."

Except I've... never seen them do that. I kill all the Rift Surge'd enemies, and they don't Banish anyone, so clearly "killed" does not count as "left the Rift".

But if that's the case, what the heck is the ability actually for? When Rift Surge spreads, it spreads to enemies not in the Rift. But if they aren't in the rift, they can't LEAVE the rift. That means the game expects me to Banish them... and Banish them again? That's a lot of needless busywork, when I could just Banish and shoot them

What does this ability intend to accomplish?

1 answer to this question

Essentially:

Enemies in the rift are marked. When they're killed, they spread that mark to other enemies.

When a marked enemy leaves the rift, they'll force any nearby enemy INTO the rift. 

Say you use your Cata and then freeze time, and use your 3. Since the enemies aren't moving, the bubble will eventually shrink to the point those enemies are freed. If they're marked, they'll force themselves back into the rift and any enemies not in the bubble.

So basically, it's extending the range and duration of banish/cataclysm.