Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Screenshot] Why We Need Vote-Kick!

SoggyCow

Vote kick will be abused.

Some wanna be elitist group will have some newbie come in who just sucks (which is not the intention) and then kick him for not being 'on their level' instead of being big boys and just dealing with it.

@SigLonewolf

And not everyone uses the "Invite Only" play mode.  I have been harrassed quite a few times because I wont leave a game to free up a slot for one of the peoples friends to join in.  Its happened more than 5 times, and I will bet that people will get kicked over it.

Just because a mode like that exists it doesn't mean that everyone will use it like they should.  Especially for higher level alert missions where this situation is more common.

Umm why wouldn't you free up a slot for someone when they ask you nicely?

An AFK Timer is used on alot of games, after a minute if you haven't moved your character, you are automatically kicked by the system.

The only game I actually see players kick idles is in 24 man Elchulus/Siglint/Beokros raids in Vindictus, players don't care if your going in with a lvl 40 Bow Kai or lvl 41 Hammer Fifi or lvl 42 Pillar Karok, as long as your being active and contributing to the teams overall dps then they don't care, they do however care if they're afkers in the game since the 24 man dragon raids are the only ones to yield the rare drops needed to craft lvl 70 gear and weapons. One person will start the vote and puts in a description of why they're voting to kick that player and it will always say "Is AFK", few seconds later that afk player is gone.

Vindictus is the only game I know of where it has a vote kick system, but not an AFK Timer, so we have to kick the afker ourselves, after all, nothings worse than an afker who did nothing in that battle and suddenly te RNG feels that they deserve the Tear Drop, Siglint Giblet Pouch or Beokros Ice Crystal.

But Warframe isn't an MMORPG, were dealing with 4 player parties, if you want to play with your friends then go make a private or invite only lobby. This game just needs an afk timer, not a vote kick system.

Edited by __Kanade__

@Pure

Maybe because its an alert for a BP that I dont have and the alert is a high enough level that I dont want to risk it running out trying to find another PUG to play through it with?

Or maybe its because its been a boss run and we are nearly to the door of the boss room and I would rather not have wasted all my time just to lose the XP, Mats, and Mods that I picked up during the mission?

And if they wanted to play with just friends they should have used "Invite Only" its not my fault that they chose not to, and they should deal with the consequences. I shouldn't have to deal with those consequences and lose a perfectly good run because their friend just got on, especially for alert missions.

Hek, one group tried asking me to leave (and then acted snotty about it) on wave 3 of a defense mission. Why would I want to lose all the mats and mod drops I had gotten?

Also, they dont always ask nicely. Usually its just "Hey, leave our game a friend just on." if I say no or ignore them then they start harrassing me (and yes I have reported a few players for the harrassment that they throw around in those circumstances).

@__Kanade__

An AFK timer would solve a lot of things, but not those who just weight down their 'W' key or something. If a vote kick is needed (which I doubt) they would need to have a list of preconditions that at least one would have to be met before the vote-kick can occur, such as what I listed in a previous post. That would prevent a lot of the abuse while still catching most of the troll scenarios.

Why is it that every time someone brings stuff like this up they think of the most random and absurd ways that someone would bypass it?

Fact is that while it might be abused on occasion, the vast majority of the time it'll be working as intended. A method of getting rid of players you don't want in your party. Whether it's AFK this or 'wat a jrk' that, it's going to be fine. What if some guy feels elitist and kicks you for being a bowmag? So what? Just join a different party. Guy wants to kick you because he thinks your pay to win? Seriously? That's like a 1 in a 100 situation. 

People can be jerks. Players should be able to choose to get rid of jerks.

well the problem is not in the vote kick system, is in the people.

Exactly; the votekick WILL be abused; you cannot have faith in random people on the internet to be decent unless you personally know them or have been playing with them for a long time.

Just as an example of one of the survival Corpus rounds I played (it's paraphrased) :

Guy 1 : ok, everyone knows what to do right?Guy 1 : after we start, no running, no melee, kill fast*times passes; one guy is sprinting all around the place being efficient in his killing and smartly collecting oxygen pods only when needed*Guy 1 : hey, what are you doing a**hole?Guy 2 : eat a d*ckGuy 1 : this is why we need votekick

As reference, Guy 1 was a Frost who was downed 17 times in the 34 minutes we played while pretty much doing Globes all over the place without sticking to a sensible, defendable spot; Guy 2 was downed only 5 times. I played Ash ("OMG ASH IN SURVIVAL! NOOB!" (-_-)) and had to raise everyone and ended with 28 revives in comparison to 3-4 per other player. I got downed twice.

So you see, those so-called elitist wannabes? They'll be the one trying to kick just because you don't play their way. As a form of decency, I usually don't even bother to chat unless asked a legitimate question; I feel actions speaks louder than words and sometime, the best course of action is just to shut up, ignore the idiots/elitist/"stop having fun guys" people and enjoy the game.

So no, a votekick system is doomed to be abused as it is in every game. Think they can make it so it won't? People will find a way anyway. Unless the votekick can only be initiated from the lobby and not in-game. If you find decent people that you get along with, stick with them. Hell, we have a recent played list of people; surely you can manage to form up with a few people that played well with you.

The idea about a blacklist however? I'd go with that. Just make it so that blacklisted players cannot be joined or cannot join you directly through matchmaking and the recently played list and there you go. As far as real trolls goes, they usually are disruptive from the start so feel free to simply leave the match when they are being douches : complaining and sticking around will only feed them. And if you're so concerned about your stats that you don't want to have failed/left missions on your profile, remember the following : this isn't CoD, nobody cares about your quit rate.

Edited by Wiegraf

So no, a votekick system is doomed to be abused as it is in every game. Think they can make it so it won't? People will find a way anyway. Unless the votekick can only be initiated from the lobby and not in-game. If you find decent people that you get along with, stick with them. Hell, we have a recent played list of people; surely you can manage to form up with a few people that played well with you.

"Every game"? WF is the first game I've honestly played where people are worried that every other person will kick them with votekick, and it's VOTE kick people, with the right amount needed (imo 2/3 votes of active players) the majority of the group has to agree, and this wouldn't be a faceless "What did he do, I wasn't paying attention because there are 23 other players including me on this server" type of vote, it's a small group of 4.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

@KvotheTheArcane1

Which goes back around to:

What happens when a troll sits on mercury and just insta-kicks every single new player which joins his game? Afterall, what is a majority in a group of 2?

If you have any number of them doing this it will drive newer players away from the game because their first impression will be that we have a bad community.

To avoid the trolling uses of a vote kick some form of preconditions need to be met first that will allow a vote-kick to take place.

Edited by Tsukinoki

"Every game"? WF is the first game I've honestly played where people are worried that every other person will kick them with votekick, and it's VOTE kick people, with the right amount needed (imo 2/3 votes of active players) the majority of the group has to agree, and this wouldn't be a faceless "What did he do, I wasn't paying attention because there are 23 other players including me on this server" type of vote, it's a small group of 4.

You haven't played enough online games then if you haven't come across instances of one guy claiming another is hacking/exploiting/being a #$&(% and asking everyone else to kick him only for the rest to fall in the bandwagon.

Take a game like Chivalry : Medieval Warfare for example which has a majority votekick system. People of your OWN TEAM will initiate vote kick on you for being too good in Last Stand TDM. That's if the other team hasn't begun to spam vote kicking on you for kicking their a**es thoroughly.

Now consider Warframe and it's coop nature; how many instances of vote kicking will happen to any team with a Rhino/Nova/Saryn who happens to rack up kills with their 4th ability or that someone just doesn't like your frame/weapon choice and just add in a bogus reason to vote kick you?

People are quick to join in the vote kick bandwagon once one is initiated which is why it might end up with equal or greater cases of abuse than actual, fair use. Even if it's only 4 people, it won't take much for 3 people to agree to vote kicking a 4th on a whim simply because the initiator is feeling pissy that day.

@KvotheTheArcane1

Which goes back around to:

What happens when a troll sits on mercury and just insta-kicks every single new player which joins his game? Afterall, what is a majority in a group of 2?

If you have any number of them doing this it will drive newer players away from the game because their first impression will be that we have a bad community.

To avoid the trolling uses of a vote kick some form of preconditions need to be met first that will allow a vote-kick to take place.

Or put a cooldown in place (i.e. the same person can only start a vote every X minutes)

You haven't played enough online games then if you haven't come across instances of one guy claiming another is hacking/exploiting/being a #$&(% and asking everyone else to kick him only for the rest to fall in the bandwagon.

I never said I haven't, but it doesn't happen that often imo, maybe it's just TF2, KF, , but I almost never see votekicks unless someone IS AFK/being a $&*^.

Take a game like Chivalry : Medieval Warfare for example which has a majority votekick system. People of your OWN TEAM will initiate vote kick on you for being too good in Last Stand TDM. That's if the other team hasn't begun to spam vote kicking on you for kicking their a**es thoroughly.

Haven't played Chiv, so I can't really comment (but it sounds like the community is terrible)

Now consider Warframe and it's coop nature; how many instances of vote kicking will happen to any team with a Rhino/Nova/Saryn who happens to rack up kills with their 4th ability or that someone just doesn't like your frame/weapon choice and just add in a bogus reason to vote kick you?

And if 3 people are required, ONE person will probably vote with you, so you don't get kicked.

People are quick to join in the vote kick bandwagon once one is initiated which is why it might end up with equal or greater cases of abuse than actual, fair use. Even if it's only 4 people, it won't take much for 3 people to agree to vote kicking a 4th on a whim simply because the initiator is feeling &!$$y that day.

Eh, no. In larger multiplayer games where it's harder to keep track of everyone all at once, compared to a group of 4 people.