Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana and Heavy Blade zaw sounds feedback

ShakeyMac

The long and the short of it....they sound wimpy.  While the swing sound on the Nikana is nice, the impact sound it makes leaves a lot to be desired.  I much preferred the nice meaty sound we had previously.  It let me know I was hitting something, and felt very satisfying.  When i first swung with my Nikana zaw after this patch, I saw that I had hit the enemy, and numbers popped up, but I didn't hear that old familiar sound and it weirded me out, thinking maybe things were bugged.  But further use of it showed me that the old sound was just gone.

The other issue is the Heavy Blade zaws.  It feels like a reedy whisper instead of the heavy blade sound you'll find on the Paracesis or Galatine.  When you swung it around with the old sound, you felt like you were swinging this thing with weight to it.  The impact sound when it connects with an enemy is also lacking.  It feels like this would be more in place on a Rapier weapon than a Heavy Blade.  Not to crap over all the hard work the sound team has done; it's appreciated.  I just miss the impactful feeling of the old sounds, along with the audio evidence that I connected with my targets.

Admittedly I mainly used my zaw 'heavy blade' yesterday but I wasn't that impressed with the audio rework on weapons or the addition of beeps for the chat box and players joining groups (is there a way to turn this lot off?) either.

I feel the same way about the "heavy blade" zaw. Mine is a giant scythe, and swinging it around used to feel amazing and impactful but it doesn't anymore. The damage numbers still pop up, and that's nice, but the weird whisper-y sound feels too lightweight. Even worse is the sound when you do slam attacks - it sounds like some sort of sci-fi energy cannon, rather than a melee weapon.

I do realize you guys are working hard on it, of course. Waiting patiently in the meantime.

Edited by Talvieno