The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend had hackers empty his account of frames and weapons, DE said they "Couldnt do anything"...

adfx03

Question

So as the title says. My friend has had the unfortunate case of hackers infiltrating his account, even though he never gave his password or user to anyone. He contacted DE support and they say they can do "Nothing about it", but ive heard other users had their accounts rolled back when something like this happens. My friend had over 3 years of progress on his account, and it was all wiped in an instant. 

What can he do?

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, adfx03 said:

What can he do?

What do you want to here from us? We are users just like you. We have no saying in this kind of case.
And fact is there are no other posts about accounts being "emptied" by hackers. So it's safe to assume your friend gave his information away, on way or another. If there were more threads, one COULD think, that maybe DE got hacked. But that's not the case.
And as harsh as it may seem, why would DE roll his account back, if he gave his information away? The legal documents you accepted when registering (EULA and ToS) tell you, that you aren't allowed to give away your login-information. You can even use 2-factor authentication, in order to make your account even more secure...

And if that doesn't work, try to hit up someone at DE via social media.
If you let one of them know that something like this happened, they'd be more than willing to assist if they can, or forward it to someone that can correct it.

Because yes, I think they do take periodic backups of account information, so it isn't impossible to have what happened to your friend reversed.