Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Sniper Damage Mod

BL4CKN0ISE

I've been loving that Sharpshooter mod. I always wanted something that rewarded you for getting headshots, and I think it's a fun playstyle for getting energy. It made me think about an idea for a sniper damage mod. I think it would be cool if there was a mod that would give a negative to damage, but increase damage for getting consecutive headshots within a certain timeframe. I don't think it would be OP, because Snipers are already OP. It would just be another type of mod to encourage headshots and give us the chance to see really big numbers if we're playing more skillfully.

Well, while it's not exactly the same Mod, there's one very similar to what you're suggesting already in the game. It's called Target Acquired.

You'd have to make sure its stats were higher than Target Acquired, and having the Mod give a negative to damage is kind of counter-intuitive. To balance it out, I'd have it reduce fire rate or something instead. 

Aside from letting that Mod also just be a general Mod all Weapons can use, it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea.