Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AABCCCC rotations on Sanctuary Onslaught

(XBOX)Xebu

It seems there's no reason for a casual entrant to go past round 8 so 90% of players just leave at that point.

I think switching the rotations to AABCCC such that increased participation and difficulty rewards with better drops (RNG permitting) will help keeping people in the game mode longer

.. and provide an easier avenue for anyone still farming elusive Khora parts (still can't get a Systems here 😞 )

I think the Arbitrations are on the right track and don't think similar thinking across other endless modes would go amiss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Xebu said:

It seems there's no reason for a casual entrant to go past round 8 so 90% of players just leave at that point.

In all honesty, the rewards have nothing to do with this for me.

Having AABCCCCCCCCCCC would not make me stay after 8. The mechanics of EOS are my biggest issue with it. I am not alone in this. DE could just rework it to make it less tedious, and remove the silly drain. Its not really an endless game-mode, because you cannot counteract the drain after a certain point. Not having the drain would probably encourage more people to stay than changing the rotations. Perhaps there are things on rotations A and B that people want? You have to consider more than just Khora, because it is not a factor in EOS (which is what most people are interested in).

27 minutes ago, krc473 said:

In all honesty, the rewards have nothing to do with this for me.

Having AABCCCCCCCCCCC would not make me stay after 8. The mechanics of EOS are my biggest issue with it. I am not alone in this. DE could just rework it to make it less tedious, and remove the silly drain. Its not really an endless game-mode, because you cannot counteract the drain after a certain point. Not having the drain would probably encourage more people to stay than changing the rotations. Perhaps there are things on rotations A and B that people want? You have to consider more than just Khora, because it is not a factor in EOS (which is what most people are interested in).

The drain is unique and makes the game mode stand out more but it should probably have a lower cap on the rate or take into account the enemy level in gains or something. I don't like arbitration as they feel just like slower versions of missions I've played for years. 

The issue with ESO is less of rewards issue and more of a mechanics issue. Not even DE knows what it is supposed to be. First, they said it will be an endless game-mode for veterans to farm focus and also has leaderboards then they back-tracked and said that it is bite-sized content but you can go endlessly if you want but you can't after round 12. You need insane kills per second to just level of the drain. If it drops for even 2 seconds( because enough enemies did not spawn for example) the drain you end your run. On top of that, things like efficiency orbs are just gimmicks where they just give an insignificant amount of efficiency instead of say, reducing the drain value to a manageable level for that round.

14 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

The drain is unique and makes the game mode stand out more but it should probably have a lower cap on the rate or take into account the enemy level in gains or something. I don't like arbitration as they feel just like slower versions of missions I've played for years. 

It should take into account the amount of players in the team if it doesn't already because having the same drain when playing solo as when playing in a full squad is unfair for anyone unable to find a squad or just want to play alone because their internet is S#&$e, this feature is already available in interception missions so it wouldn't be hard to implement

7 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

The drain is unique

I agree, it’s unique. But unique does not mean good. I would be much more invested in the game mode if the drain was gone. I got Khora, and have never really been back. The mechanics are solely responsible for my hate for the game mode. Why even bother with an “endless” game made that has such a high drain on it? It’s not endless. It’s impossible to carry on after a point.

I would say, EOS needs significant improvements to be even remotely good. But the rewards are fine as they are. They need no changes.

Fair points all around, the drain is a pain. Especially when you end up in smaller groups because people drop out, or the player count is just down, but that could be improved. As already pointed out:

• Reduce the rate at which it increases level on level
  • Scale it based on player count
  • Make the efficiency orbs scale the decay

All would help with the general mechanics. Removing the drain entirely though would kinda remove the point of the mode entirely.

I can't comment on how bad it is in round 12 because nobody has every stayed past round 9 in any match I've joined. And I assume they only went to 9 because they weren't paying attention when 8 finished.

As for the rewards. I guess there are people who may want the rotation A or B rewards but they're mostly relics you can get anywhere and even then I'm now sat on dozens of captura scenes and duplicate Khora parts. On regular SO at least seeing yet another "Grineer Sealab Scene" on my way to yet another Round 8 Neo relic is much more of an enthusiasm killer than the Drain is.

I'd much rather run for longer and get my Khora multiple Neos.

I think we can all agree the mode still needs a bit of tuning.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

The problem here is that ur talking from a farming khora standpoint MOST people that would actually CARE about the infinite aspect of this gamemode are people that have had khora forever, tuning it to a casual perspective kills the whole point of an endless gamemode.. as endless is supposed to test your endurance... not just staying till its most efficient to get a khora drop.