Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss “Vampire frame”

(XBOX)EDGELORD ACE

A warframe of unknown design, Abyss draws power from the light and life force of the living to control darkness itself.

Passive: Abyssal Grasp (grants lifesteal when when dealing damage with his abilities.)

1st ability: Abyss Walker (disappear and reappear near an enemy letting a small abyssal explosion.) Affected by range, efficiency, and strength.

2nd ability: Storm (summon an abyssal lightning storm that strikes your enemies from above, stunning them.) Affected by efficiency, duration, and strength.

3rd ability: Shadow Specter (summon a specter from your own shadow allowing it to fight alongside you with your current gear.) Affected by efficiency and duration.

4rth ability: Abyssal Chaos (focus abyssal energies into you to strengthen your abilities but you can only use claws as your weapons.) Affected by efficiency, duration, and strength. NOTE: claws would be given to you much like Valkyr’s 4.

If you want some feedback, here's mine, do note however that this will be about the idea, as you don't have any numbers, which will ultimately determine if this is a good frame:

passive: good and helps with survivability

1st: by your description i'm guessing it's like ash's teleport but you explode instead of opening for finishers. Nothing wrong that, could be used for small CC if it procs blast or some other element. If you want you could make it a channeled ability; when activated you become invisible but can't attack, but activating it again will cause the explosion. Further you could make the explosion damage scale with the time spent invisible.

2nd: interesting, i don't know how it would look like when you are in an area with a low ceiling. My guess is that it spawns in a cloud and any enemy that gets close will get shocked and stunned. if that's the cast you may want the cloud size and range of attack effected by range mods.

3rd: As with all 'Specter' abilities; be careful as warframe's specter AI is not amazing an could ruin this ability. Instead you could make it like mirage's hall of mirrors where you make a clone that follows your actions and attacks when you do, but make it a single clone floating slightly above and behind you. Another alternative is make the clone float above you but is like an automated turret targeting enemies within range of your currently equipped weapon. Both alternatives get rid of the worst thing about specter AI, which is the movement.

4th: I would avoid making the weapon claws, simply cause that crosses into valkyr's territory. why not try a sparring weapon instead but add blades on it, think the hirodu but slash focused instead of puncture focused. Also you mentioned strengthening allies but you don't say how; i'm guessing a damage buff, further you may either want this buff's range to affected by range mods OR make it go with the affinity aura range. You could also make it that the lifesteal passive is given to allies when using this ability.

Overall, a decent sounding Edgy warframe with an interesting kit, but remember, the stats of the abilities will determine if it is good or not.

8 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

If you want some feedback, here's mine, do note however that this will be about the idea, as you don't have any numbers, which will ultimately determine if this is a good frame:

passive: good and helps with survivability

1st: by your description i'm guessing it's like ash's teleport but you explode instead of opening for finishers. Nothing wrong that, could be used for small CC if it procs blast or some other element. If you want you could make it a channeled ability; when activated you become invisible but can't attack, but activating it again will cause the explosion. Further you could make the explosion damage scale with the time spent invisible.

2nd: interesting, i don't know how it would look like when you are in an area with a low ceiling. My guess is that it spawns in a cloud and any enemy that gets close will get shocked and stunned. if that's the cast you may want the cloud size and range of attack effected by range mods.

3rd: As with all 'Specter' abilities; be careful as warframe's specter AI is not amazing an could ruin this ability. Instead you could make it like mirage's hall of mirrors where you make a clone that follows your actions and attacks when you do, but make it a single clone floating slightly above and behind you. Another alternative is make the clone float above you but is like an automated turret targeting enemies within range of your currently equipped weapon. Both alternatives get rid of the worst thing about specter AI, which is the movement.

4th: I would avoid making the weapon claws, simply cause that crosses into valkyr's territory. why not try a sparring weapon instead but add blades on it, think the hirodu but slash focused instead of puncture focused. Also you mentioned strengthening allies but you don't say how; i'm guessing a damage buff, further you may either want this buff's range to affected by range mods OR make it go with the affinity aura range. You could also make it that the lifesteal passive is given to allies when using this ability.

Overall, a decent sounding Edgy warframe with an interesting kit, but remember, the stats of the abilities will determine if it is good or not.

Thank you for the feedback. It is much appreciated.