Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detailed 'alternate Abilities' Thread

Luminati07

In my opinion, alternate abilities are a good idea and we should have them. They should stick to the original theme of the warframe, you should be able to mix and match the powers as you please (ie two ultimates in your pool or 4 spammy powers with no ultimate) but only 4 powers cam be brought with you into a game at any one time.

I like your suggestions, and after DE have gotten round to fixing all the powers we currently have this thread will not be a bad place for them to start looking for suggestions.

I have some suggestions of my own, take em or leave em as you please:

Mag

Anti-gravity - mag and team mates are granted the ability to wall run on all surfaces (including ceiling) due to magnetised frames for a duration.

Render - mag crushes the weak points in all armoured targets in a radius. Armour debuff for x duration.

Volt

Lightning bolt - zeus bolt, says it on the tin.

Electrocution - the crowd control ult. Volt touches the floor and sends electricity coursing through the ground in a radius, stunning all and slightly damaging all caught in the radius for x duration.

Amplify - team fire rate, reload speed and shield recharge is increased for a duration.

Electric fence - volt deploys a fence, similar looking to electric shield, that damages and stuns any enemy that crosses it.

Ash

Marked for death - target and enemies in a small radius take additional damage from all sources. If by the end of the duration the enemies are still alive, as performs a fast mini-bladestorm on the targets.

Decapitate - ash teleports past a single target whilst slashing it, doing extremely high damage. If the target dies then enemies who witnessed it get instilled with fear and panic for a duration.

Executioner - ash teleports behind an enemy and attempts to slit their throat. The lower the health of the enemy, the more damage this does.

Ember

Ignite - team are surrounded by flames, doing x damage per tick for a duration around all frames.

Fire trail - ember gains increased speed, leaving behind a trail of fire that damages those who attempt to cross it.

Meteor - ember calls in a single meteor, knocks down all enemies in a large radius setting all enemies knocked down alight. Also deals initial armour ignoring damage based on how close to impact they were.

Inferno - at target location ember creates an inferno, a hurricane of fire that sucks in and burns enemies that stray too close.

Banshee

Shriek - banshee lets out and ear curdling shriek, stunning mobs who hear it.

Ultrasound - for a duration banshee projects ultrasound from her being in a short radius for a duration. Stuns and high damage to anything in said radius.

Loki

Friendly fire - enemy target by loki appears to all other enemies to have "switched sides" to that of the tenno and therefore becomes a target. Sort of like a living decoy.

Harlequin - loki gains drastically increased melee speed and damage, but takes increased damage.

Frost

Ice path - creates a surface that fellow tenno can use for wall running. If cast on the floor, any enemies who cross it slip and slide (knockdown and cc).

Hypothermia - all enemies in a radius are slowed and take damage over time.

Frostbite - small AoE freezing targets. Targets shatter upon death damaging those around them.

Sub zero - frost overclocks his suit, projecting extremely cold temperatures around his suit for a duration. Slows enemies in a radius, the closer they are the stronger the slow. As a by product slows down projectiles with a chance for them to miss (damage reduction).

Rhino

Fissure - rhino slams both fists into the ground causing a fissure infront of him. Damages and stuns the enemies caught in the fissure and reduces armour.

Slam - rhino charges to target, grabbing them and slamming them into the ground with extreme force. Does very high damage to target ans the force cause x ripples in time around the target, meaning enemies stop at one ripple and start at the next.

Nyx

Nightmare - all enemies in the vicinity now see nyx as their worst nightmare. All but the sturdiest, heavies, will attempt to flee from nyx.

Telekinetic slam - like your telekenisis power, nyx grabs enemies in a small AoE and slams them into the ground.

That's all I've got for now, sorry if some powers are similar but I am on my phone and it's hard to check your post and mine at the same time.

I'm a bit bored due to the amount of Latron Prime stocks in Survival 2.... So I thought I'd come here to vent some ideas. Hopefully they will mention if alternate frame genders with new skillsets are still on the cards in the livestream.

NEKROS

Necromancy is also called dark arts, so:

Sacrifice - Nekros cuts own HP in half, giving the team fast energy regen for a duration.

Shroud - Nekros calls a dark shroud upon his location (sort of like a dark cloud engulfing a radius). Enemies that enter the shroud take increased damage and slow.

Consume - Nekros draws in nearby enemies to his person, then attempts to consume them. Deals high damage straight to health (ignoring shields). For each enemy "consumed" Nekros gains a % health regen.

EXCAL

Master of the blade:

Sword swipe - Excal spins round, swiping his melee weapon at high speed. This causes serrated blade damage to enemies in Excal's FoV (180 degrees. Similar to Slash Dash, but Slash Dash damages forward, Sword Swipe damages sideways.

Dance of blades (couldn't think of a good name) - Excal summons multiple blades to surround him. Whilst surrounding him (like null star) they reducing incoming damage, but when an enemy enters their radius a blade shoots off to attack that enemy. Could either attack like a floating blade melee style, or simply be like Radial Javelin (single impact high damage).

Rally - Excal raises his sword and rallies the team. This revives any downed team mates and causes the team to take reduced damage.

VAUBAN 

Trapper Support:

Minefield - Throws a collection of mines infront of Vauban. When triggered deal decent damage and send enemies flying.

Turret - Vauban creates a turret, similar to that of orokin tech, at crosshair location. Can be used on walls and ceilings. 

Supply Pylon - Creates a pylon that regularly dishes out energy and health orbs as well as ammo.

NOVA

Antimatter DPS:

Explosion - Spammable explode, explodes wherever the crosshair is aimed.

Reactor - Nova uses her control of antimatter to create an energy source. Causes pulses to be sent out from Nova warframe that overclock nearby warframes. Increased movement speed, reload speed and fire rate for team.

Implosion - Nova causes an implosion on her being. Drawing in enemies in a radius (similar to vortex with larger radius), then causing high damage and ragdoll effect to any survivors. Nova would be immune during this cast due to the implosion sucking in any damage (toxins) or projectiles.

Honestly I couldn't think of anything for Trinity. In the meantime I hope Nekros gets tweaked a bit, I find him relatively boring to play and I don't feel like an addition to a team like I do with Trinity.

Also got another one for nova:

Electron & Positron -

One power. On first cast target enemy becomes charged with electrons. Second cast must be on a different target, causing them to become charged with positrons. Once a second target has become charged with positrons, the two targets attract from a large radius causing them to become pulled closer together. Once they meet they annihilate, causing an explosion. The larger the original distance between the two (the distance pulled) the larger the explosion and explosion damage.  

Edited by TunaMayo

Still no official statement as to whether or not additional powers will ever make it into the game or the idea has completely been thrown out the window! but hey, we have more content to burn though until the armour rework!

Yep :(, to be honest, I thought the last livestream was a mess.

Hopefully they sort it out next time.

Also got another one for nova:

Electron & Positron -

One power. On first cast target enemy becomes charged with electrons. Second cast must be on a different target, causing them to become charged with positrons. Once a second target has become charged with positrons, the two targets attract from a large radius causing them to become pulled closer together. Once they meet they annihilate, causing an explosion. The larger the original distance between the two (the distance pulled) the larger the explosion and explosion damage.  

Sounds extremely interesting!

Will add to the OP in a couple minutes. Gotta do some washing first.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the obvious issue is how alternate abilities would be implemented.

Would you allow more than 4 powers, at the cost of using up mod slots?

Would particular powers replace a specific slot. (Meteor weave must replace Fire Blast etc)

Would you able to equip any power in any slot. possibility of equipping more than one ult. But it means you have 2 powers that cost 100+ energy.

All those are valid questions, and here's my take on the issue.

Option 1

You should be able to equip any power you want, in any slot. However, you can only equip one "ultimate" skill.

This way gives the best sense of customisation (imo), you're not forced to ditch your favourite skill to equip one of the new ones.

For example (pretend that you could only equip new powers in certain slots)

I love playing Ember, and I think the new Heat Sweep skill looks amazing. However, it must be placed as power 3, meaning I have to get rid of Fire Blast, which is my favourite skill.

I think that's the wrong route to go down.

I believe I should be able to ditch skill 1, to be able to equip Heat Sweep, which might cost 75 energy.

While, yes, I now have a very powerful "first" skill. I now have nothing to use if I can only find a single energy orb.

Option 2

Alternatively, certain skills could take up one of two slots (ultimates must take up slot 4).

This way, I can choose to replace either Overheat or Fire Blast with Heat Sweep.

This means I have a choice of which skill to ditch.

Do I prefer Overheat or Fire Blast? Get rid of the one I use less, and replace it with an alternate.

Obviously this part needs more refining, and balance. I'm doing uni study, and I'm not thinking straight.

Maybe the player could just equip them like any other power, and the downside would be that they have 2(or three) costly abilities. I think this would be really balanced.