The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Braton Prime missing clip

ikissedabear

Personally I think the placement of the mag on the new Braton model was a bad choice, and I'd be pretty upset if they messed with the Braton Prime too.

If Braton Prime had to get a mag I'd rather it be built into the grip like a pistol.

Edited by rapt0rman

Well if it was a pistol, then yes.

But it is a rifle, and Day of the Dead skin uses the same weapon model as Mk1 or normal Braton.

I think Prime should have Clip Prime so to speak, it should match the design.

Plus, its highly improbable they would change reload animations for the same weapon for Prime.

25 minutes ago, ikissedabear said:

Well if it was a pistol, then yes.

It's not like it's actually a contemporary weapon that has to follow real weapon designs, there's more than enough room to fit a mag seamlessly in the grip. (Also it wouldn't even be the first AR/SMG type weapon in Warframe with a mag attached to the grip, the Grakata has been around for ages)

As for the unlikelihood of them giving it it's own animations and such, unfortunately you're right. I still think it's a huge downgrade in aesthetics.

Edited by rapt0rman

11 минут назад, rapt0rman сказал:

It's not like it's actually a contemporary weapon that has to follow real weapon designs

But it already has an in-game model and so Prime version of it has to follow regular design. Its not like what you say is wrong, it just won't fit the "weapon lore" here.

Well this thread it not about animations but rather missing visible textures anyways.

6 minutes ago, ikissedabear said:

But it already has an in-game model and so Prime version of it has to follow regular design. Its not like what you say is wrong, it just won't fit the "weapon lore" here.

Well this thread it not about animations but rather missing visible textures anyways.

Actually the prime doesn't have to follow it at all, as far as lore is concerned the prime came first, and the regular is an attempt to reengineer it. In fact, there are primes with unique reload animations. Sicarus Prime for example, ejects a weird energy cylinder from the back.

Edited by rapt0rman

2 минуты назад, rapt0rman сказал:

Actually the prime doesn't have to follow it at all, as far as lore is concerned the prime came first, and the regular is an attempt to reengineer it. In fact, there are primes with unique reload animations. Sicarus Prime for example, ejects a weird energy cylinder from the back.

Which still doesn't change the purpose of my topic 🙂

Braton's animations are ok for Braton of any type. It has a mag, and that mag should be pulled out and replaced. Braton Prime has a model obviously designed to have a clip, it has a curve right where that clip should be, etc, etc. And the clip is actually there, its just transparent for some reason.

What I say is that clip should be visible and it is a texture bug, nothing more. I mentioned animations just as a proof the clip is there.

And the clip is actually there, its just transparent for some reason.

I think you might be confused on this, it isn't a texture or model bug, it doesn't have a clip that's invisible, it just has animations for grabbing a clip. Both the (original) regular and the prime were just never modeled with a clip in the first place, they came from a time in DE's development where that was a regular thing.

Edited by rapt0rman

But it has now, doesn't it?

The regular does, the prime doesn't. In order for the prime to have one, it would require a remodel just like the regular did. If they're going to bother remodeling it, I'd rather they still kept the same aesthetics (by building the mag into the grip) and just gave it unique reload animations that fit.

4 minutes ago, ikissedabear said:

But it has now, doesn't it?

A while ago, DE remade the Braton’s model and sound effects alongside Skana, Lato, Kunai, and Paris. The new model added a magazine, but the original Braton did not have one.

Braton Prime was based off of the original magazine-less Braton model, and thus does not have one. So it’s not that it’s missing a magazine, it’s that it never had one to begin with. Burston also had a model revamp, but Burston Prime was not changed, so the chances of DE going back and adding a new model for the magazine or remaking Braton Prime are slim.

5 минут назад, OmegaZero633 сказал:

A while ago, DE remade the Braton’s model and sound effects alongside Skana, Lato, Kunai, and Paris. The new model added a magazine, but the original Braton did not have one.

Braton Prime was based off of the original magazine-less Braton model, and thus does not have one. So it’s not that it’s missing a magazine, it’s that it never had one to begin with. Burston also had a model revamp, but Burston Prime was not changed, so the chances of DE going back and adding a new model for the magazine or remaking Braton Prime are slim.

Thanks for a good answer.

Well, if they did add a clip to regular braton models and made the reload animation for it, isn't it only logical to add a clip to Prime as well? It just looks terribly awkward to reload a clip-shaped empty space.

1 minute ago, ikissedabear said:

Thanks for a good answer.

Well, if they did add a clip to regular braton models and made the reload animation for it, isn't it only logical to add a clip to Prime as well? It just looks terribly awkward to reload a clip-shaped empty space.

It’s perfectly logical, and there’s actually several older weapons that could use updated reload animations as well. However, the reason why DE reworked the Braton and Burston models was because the originals weren’t fitting in with Tenno design aesthetics. The Braton Prime definitely fits in with Orokin design, so I imagine changing it wasn’t a priority at all.

Still, you never know. Since Braton Prime is one of the most versatile and easily obtainable Primes, DE might one day give it another look.