Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revised Glaive Charge Throw Mechanic: Volt Ruins This Still

Raspberry

Before Update 23.10, Volt's 2 only messed with the charge speed, so it was still possible (albeit difficult) to pull off charge throws. Now, if the speed buff is strong enough, you won't be able to deliver a charge throw at all. Maybe random Volts are just trying to be decent teammates, but whenever I try to backflip out of a speed buff, they always come around me and apply another "buff" onto me, and dual-wielded pistol+glaive in general just ends up becoming nigh unusable.

I see two solutions to this: either add a cooldown so that Volts cannot add another speed buff to teammates that have opted out (duration of this cooldown could be 100% of ability's duration), or fix the charge throws so that being buffed with Volt won't prevent me from throwing my glaive strongly.

NOTE: Valkyr's Warcry and Harrow's Penance may also have similar negative effects.

5 hours ago, Erocelec said:

Have you tried jump throw charged? It guarantees a charge.  Also, being able to opt out of Volt's buff completely would be wonderful.

That would set a stupid precedent for a lot of abilities.

Just fix the charged throw mechanic instead of demandimg brand new coding.

1 hour ago, Aegni said:

That would set a stupid precedent for a lot of abilities.

Just fix the charged throw mechanic instead of demandimg brand new coding.

An overwhelming amount of buff abilities cannot be opted out of unless you deliberately fall off the map, so I don't really see much precedence in adding a cooldown mechanic onto an ability that does have a more direct opt-out function.

That said, though, I do agree that it's probably better to just fix the charged throw mechanic to remain functional under Volt's buff influence.

32 minutes ago, Raspberry said:

An overwhelming amount of buff abilities cannot be opted out of unless you deliberately fall off the map, so I don't really see much precedence in adding a cooldown mechanic onto an ability that does have a more direct opt-out function.

That said, though, I do agree that it's probably better to just fix the charged throw mechanic to remain functional under Volt's buff influence.

Agreed. Attack speed boosting buffs are helpful, but excessive amounts make it impossible for the charged throw to work. On my orvius, for example, a primed fury brings the charge time for a charged throw down to the same amount of time it takes to initiate a glaive throw. I like that, personally.

alternatively a lazy solution is to make the charge loop like it did in dark sector, with the glaive not being thrown until the melee button is released. That way you'd have infinite shots at a charged throw, regardless of charge time. 

2 hours ago, Raspberry said:

It sets a precedent because if you can opt out entirely on one ability then youshould be able to do so for all of them.

Harrows 4 screws up self damaging as chroma.

Same for trinitys bless.

Acooldown may also cause issues because of how the buffs are designed.

Let alone the only buff any complains about is speed. We can instead request a bugfix which is less time consuming comparednto brand new coding.

2 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Yeah.

Look human impulse isto immediately go "stop it now" and not deal with the true underlying cause.