Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough Is Enough, Fix host migrations or let us keep rewards

bigBiermonster

Hey there,

I love WF, play it every day, and most of what I do in game is Kuva farming, and Kuva survival specifically.

Ever since I've started running Kuva survival this has been an issue for me (and many, many others), after some time, connection to the host would be disconnected for some reason, and we are thrown back to orbiter.

We do get the ability to return to our squad, but even if we do, all previously gained Kuva is removed (along with all other rewards, but they are not the point).

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating.

Now only Kuva and the entire riven system is completely random ( and some might say broken), not only we can farm kuva for HOURS and have nothing to show for it due to unlucky rolls, now we have to put up with the chance of losing all the kuva we farmed in a session?

I can only speak out of my own personal experience, but those technical issues, which usually don't even related to my own internet connectivity (I always check, 99% of the disconnects I had happened while my internet connection was up and running). those just make me wanna quit the game and never open it again.

Enough is enough, I know network code fixes are not a highlight feature that attract new players like Fortuna, but those things are what cause players, even paying players like me, to stop playing.

Fix your network code, you don't need to buy dedicated servers, there are plenty of options to resolve the issue, either directly, or by a workaround, such as allowing players to retain earned rewards in an event of a disconnect.

There is no excuse for this kind of behavior to still be in the game 5 years after launch, it shows a great disrespect to your players' time.

I know there were a million posts about it in the past, I hope it won't require a million more.

This is unfortunately not exclusive to Kuva farming. I came here to post about the same issue, but in a completely different context, so I will add to this subject here instead.

In my particular case, I decided to try out fishing on the Plains of Eidolon with other people for a change, and thus joined a random, public group. After about 15 minutes, two Luminous Dyes and two Murkray Bait consumed and numerous fish caught, the player considered the host of the session decides to leave. So without saying anything, he heads to Cetus and the "1 player is waiting for you" pops up for a moment, before he apparently realizes he has to wait for at least one more player.
So instead of doing that, I assume he pressed "abort mission", which inadvertedly sends me and the other players back to our orbiters with the "Host migration" popup. I was allowed to keep some 30 credits apparently, and zero fish. I tried reconnecting to the squad a few times, and that failed.

I'm assuming this can happen in any mission at any time if the host decides to leave and the host migration fails. Terribly frustrating, especially after long missions or even longer free roams, if we don't even get to keep what we've looted.

I have been getting this problem a LOT since one or two weeks for no know reasons. Sometimes I can get disconnected 3 or 4 times during a single 20 minutes mission which is very annoying. I am considering leaving Warframe for this only reason.

I think this problem began to happen a few patches ago with the "cache optimization" thing.

Fix it or people are going to leave. 

Same thing. I randomly get disconnected and then immediately offered to rejoin the squad. It's extremely annoying when I get to rejoin an endless relic mission only to NOT get my relic unlocked because there's only ten seconds left on the timer. Not to mention that my xp gets reset, so how the hell am I supposed to level my gear if I can only run quick captures, and even those with a 50% chance to DC?

I'm on the same boat, this happens a lot in endless relic missions lately I also run into it more in other missions too, sucks especially for kuva

Host migrations still a serious issue here too.  Your "network interruptions" are actually worse since the latest patch, which sometimes causes this host migration thing on my end.  Big lag spike followed by "host migration in progress" leading to "lost connection to host" and the loss of all mission progress.  Pretty damned annoying when it's in the middle of a defense mission after running multiple rounds and causing you to lose multiple relics worth of loot.