Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Minimum Requirement Threshold for Tri-cap Eidolon Hunting Bounties

(XBOX)Mr raDius

Hi, would it be possible to add some sort of gating feature for the Tri-cap bounties on Cetus? It seems like more and more unprepared and uneducated people are wandering in to the Tri-cap missions. I can't tell you how many times over the past two weeks my team and I have had to quit the mission, mid-stream, because some random noob doesn't know how to place a shard to summon the next Eidolon, or they can't jump across the lake to the island or they don't have an archwing, so they can't quickly move across the Plains, etc.

My point being, is that the team is essentially held hostage by the offending player. Even if the player goes to extraction, they can't extract unless some else exits the hunt to end the Tri-cap. You can't expect this person to select "leave team" from the menu and leave on their own because they're usually so inexperienced that they think you are tricking them into losing rewards by "aborting" the mission. They have no idea that you can leave a team gracefully and keep all mission progress.

Anyone that hunts, knows that time is everything, and lost seconds can mean the difference between getting multiple Tri-caps completed in one night cycle. Sure, one solution is to run with friends and clanmates, or even recruiting chat, but sometimes that is not an option and you need to fill a team...fast, with random players. 

I have several thoughts on how to address this issue...

1. Allow individual extraction. This would allow the remaining team members to continue the Tri-cap. I know that this feature has been talked about for other mission types like survival. It could easily be extended into Tri-cap bounties.

2. Allow the team to kick a player from the mission. This would take a unanimous "yes" vote the three other players to kick them from the squad. If someone is voted off the team, then they would be instantly dropped into their own instance of the game and the remaining players can continue the Tri-cap.

3. Implement some sort of gating feature for Tri-cap bounties. By this, I mean, make it so that you can't enter the Tri-cap until you have at least completed x number of Teralyst hunts. Another option would be to force all players to have crafted at least one amp from Onkko. Either of these things would go a long way in making sure that people have at least some basic knowledge of Tri-caps and Eidolon hunting because MR has absolutely nothing to do with how much knowledge a hunter actually has. I've seen MR20s try to run a Tri-cap with Zephyr, a Dread and a Mote amp. We all know that this hunt didn't go very well. 

Anyhow, these are just a few ideas. I'm sure that there are more. Overall, some sort of stopgap needs to be put into place to limit the damage that an inexperienced person inflicts upon a group of serious people trying to get in as many Tri-caps as possible in one night cycle. 

Thanks for listening!

-raDius 

Edited by (XB1)Mr raDius

I mean... I stream myself with these people all the time. I find it quite entertaining and enjoyable though it's hard to really help them given the time constraint. (Though in your defense, I've no real need for the shards, so I understand [to some extent] if you've got a limited time frame).

But on the other hand, this is kind of what recruit chat aims to do, host up or join a lobby with experienced people. Add the people you like running with, maybe your schedules can sync up and you have a running team. I've pulled off recruits with 10 minutes of night left, so unless you're playing at low activity hours then it's all about patience and compromise. If you're playing at low activity hours, then taking what you can get is kind of all there is to do.

And on that note, change your perspective if you're going to continue to run public blind teams. Literally to someone learning Tridolons, the bounty seems like what you're supposed to in order to achieve the hunt. Equally easier to get an experienced team together than a true "learning" team. 

I've only run into one instance of "leeching," in my many hunts (not wanting to put in effort, having frames but not utilizing them; just wanting the gain) and it's ironically someone in my clan and not a random. Everyone else I've run with did the best they could with what they had. Eidolons share the same exact problems raid's did, in that there is no way for people to learn without trying first. I've been hunting since Shield Disruption worked, it's not fair for me to expect everyone to know what works when there's no way for them to truly know without running tens of times first.

Hi guys, I hear you both and agree to some extent. I do run Tri-caps often with clan mates and other folks that I match up with in recruiting chat, however, there are just times when you end up running with randoms through matchmaking for whatever reason. It happens. 

Can we all agree that Tri-cap bounties are more "end-game" content and not someplace that inexperienced players should be spending time? And I'm not saying that I Tri-caps can't and shouldn't be places to educate, but seriously, you need to have a willing student. Not someone that was just there to "try it out" with no concept of what's going on or better yet, unwilling to follow the most simple instructions, i.e. "pick up rewards after Eidolon capture", "place shard at marked location", "select 'leave squad' from menu if you don't want to continue", etc. the list goes on. 

I'm more than willing to teach and educate. I've done my fair share of teaching first time hunters the ropes. We all need to do that if we want to continue having people to Tri-cap with. However, I do strongly believe that DE needs to implement some sort of gating threshold for participation. We have that for other game modes (Sorties, Elite Alerts), why not Tri-caps?