Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing repeatedly in longer missions

Autongnosis

So today i've experienced a weird crash. Code was WAR-2025296.

What happened was, after about 50 odd minutes inside a single mission i got a screen freeze then crashed to desktop. The timing was VERY close, around the 54th minute of in-mission time. I wasn't doing anything special.

I'll describe the two runs in more detail:

• Arbitration Interception vs Corpus on Jupiter Gas City tileset, playing Oberon, public group with 3 other players
  • Kuva Survival vs Grineer on Kuva Fortress tileset, playing Khora, public group with 3 other players

I didn't have spikes on either the CPU or the GPU. Ping was consistently low during the first run, and low with random spikes on the second (but the crash didn't happen during a lag spike).

There are a couple of common things:

• both times i was using an Adarza Kavat
  • both times i was using the Adaptation mod and was actively seeking to get hit (i'm a bit masochistic 😘 )
  • both missions crashed around the 54th minute mark
  • both times i was client 

Anyone else with the same experience that has noticed anything?

Edited by Autongnosis

This happens to me a lot as well. Whenever I play Arbitrations, the game crash either during the game, during extraction, or after extraction. The game crashed so many times and it ended up giving me the blue screen of death. I had to restart so many times when this happens. I ended up restoring my laptop, and I though the restore would have fixed everything for sure, but it still persists as it just happened to me right now. The game crashed after playing Arbitrations, I was in my orbiter already and I decided to build something and AFK. I go to the kitched to get some food and when I got back the game froze and it was making a weird buzzing sound the whole time. I tried waiting it out until the WAR code pops up, but it didn’t, and eventually I had to force restart my laptop. It’s so frustrating how playing the game can risk my laptop’s performance.  DE, we need a fix for this as soon as possible. Ya’ll are breaking my system.

9 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

I didn't have spikes on either the CPU or the GPU

Usage or temperature? Temperature would be the important factor here. If it gets too hot it might crash.

The other important thing you missed: host or client? And does it happen when you are the other one?

Edit: does the Windows event log tell you anything useful? If something happened, it should have some logs on it.

Edited by krc473

il y a 4 minutes, krc473 a dit :

Usage or temperature? Temperature would be the important factor here. If it gets too hot it might crash.

The other important thing you missed: host or client? And does it happen when you are the other one?

Edit: does the Windows event log tell you anything useful? If something happened, it should have some logs on it.

Usage, i completely forgot to check temperature. Will try that today. 

I was client both times. I'll see if it happens when i host. 

Windows had absolutely nothing. 

I tried hosting and nothing happened. I was still using Adaptation but no Adarza kitty this time, frame was Equinox, mission was Arbitration Interception vs Corpus on Corpus Ship tileset. Still in a public group with 3 other players.

Temperature and usage was consistent throughout the run for CPU, GPU and RAM. CPU showed a minor increase of 2° but i think i just picked the highest fluctuation, since NZXT CAM was recording temperature fluctuating in ranges of about 3°.

Event Log only shows some problems with "Push Windows_8cff2d7" - it kept crashing and trying to reboot, but afaik it has no relations to anything warframe related.

I'm personally at a loss.

I have tried verifying and optimising everything again but that didn't make a difference the first two times, so i'm not sure that is what prevented the crash this time.