Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Watching This Livestream And Being Dissapointed They Are Nerfing Overheat Tanking?

dragonslayer667

Resposting what I typed in the other thread because I dont feel like typing the whole rant again.

"Oh, we are aware that all frames are currently outclassed by Nova, but dont worry! We are planning to rework all other frames so they are all equal to her level"

Then they proceed to nerf the best skills of several frames.

Now Im sorry but I have to ask, are you out of your mind? She was already behing several other frames as a nuker, and you want to take her ONLY USEFUL SKILL, and turn it into yet another pointless damage skill? Seriously? I mean whats the point of it doing more damage when she will die before even getting in range of the ability? Whats the point of all her skills doing high damage at close range when she gets blasted before even casting them?

World on fire sucks against enemies past level 40, now that ability needs a BIG damage boost, not overheat. Are all her abilities going to be pointless AoE damage? I can see it now:

Overheat: Does fire damage in a tiny radius.

Fireblast: Does fire damage in a medium radius.

WoF: Does fire damage in a medium radius that follows you around.

Not only that but you also add a limit to the enemies bastille can hold. Which was also pointless since there will never be 5 enemies in it at a single time (Guess what? Nova killed them all!). There go two of my favorite frames, one of which was already basically in trash tier. Add a damage cap to snow globe and reduce invisibility duration. There, you will have thrown my 4 frames to the trash can. 

Are you going to nerf all frames to make them even MORE outclassed by Nova? Or are you going to nerf her too to make everyone outclassed by Necro?

I just want to finish saying that this update was the last bit of faith I had in Ember, and the reason I did not sell her after having put a reactor and a forma on her. But now it looks like youre going to make her suck even more, and take Vauban along with her. If this changes happen Im not playing this game anymore.

I wouldn't be worried about necro, his 1 is just slowly stacking armor ignore when we already have weapons that ignore 100%, his 2 is just a S#&$ty chaos/bastille, his 3 is just a magic find bonus, and his ult is useless since he has no abilities to actually kill anything.

I wouldn't be worried about necro, his 1 is just slowly stacking armor ignore when we already have weapons that ignore 100%, his 2 is just a S#&$ty chaos/bastille, his 3 is just a magic find bonus, and his ult is useless since he has no abilities to actually kill anything.

Because weapons don't kill, right?

I'm afraid Necro's going to see some SERIOUS playtime. His 1 is OUTSTANDING, because in addition to reducing armor it deals damage. Useful over all levels due to damage at low-level and armor reduction at high-level.

His 2 is indeed a bastille of sorts. Might replace Vauban in HWD because of that, as Vauban's only useful skill in that environment is bastille, whereas Necro'll have his own, his 1, 3 and 4 which will all see use.

His 3 gives more items. Now, I'm not sure how much you've played warframe, but it's mostly 20% defense missions, 78% mindless grind, 2% alert missions. Giving an item-finding power will cut the mindless grinding IMMENSELY and as such make the game overall more enjoyable.

His 4 creates clones. Useful across all levels, as the power scales accordingly to the enemy level.

Once upon a time, overheat only provided 50% DR. and it was still an awesome skill. if they shift it back to that, it opens up the possibility of some dual-stat power strength mods without having to worry about ember being permainvincible.

so, kind of indifferent. largely depends on how big the shifts are.

Once upon a time, overheat only provided 50% DR. and it was still an awesome skill. if they shift it back to that, it opens up the possibility of some dual-stat power strength mods without having to worry about ember being permainvincible.

so, kind of indifferent. largely depends on how big the shifts are.

with how close ember has to get for her skills to be effective im surprised your indifferent. if it drops  to 50% dr good buy high level missions

50% I guess is acceptable. I do think 91% is a little on the extreme side of things (have you seen the calculation on her page? with 740 shields and health she has over 15k effective health)

However, shifting focus to a offensive power is a bad thing. As someone said in my latest thread, a frame with exclusively damaging powers only has one useful power - the most damaging one.

50% I guess is acceptable. I do think 91% is a little on the extreme side of things (have you seen the calculation on her page? with 740 shields and health she has over 15k effective health)

However, shifting focus to a offensive power is a bad thing. As someone said in my latest thread, a frame with exclusively damaging powers only has one useful power - the most damaging one.

Unless the damage of each ability stacks with eachother.

P.S. They do.

Unless the damage of each ability stacks with eachother.

P.S. They do.

World on Fire is both highly mobile and has a long range, Overheat has a pathetically short range, World on Fire encourages you to breeze past enemies, and I haven't seen Fire Blast do a thing in a long while.  And, energy system being what it is, it encourages you to only use your strongest skill.

World on Fire is both highly mobile and has a long range, Overheat has a pathetically short range, World on Fire encourages you to breeze past enemies, and I haven't seen Fire Blast do a thing in a long while.  And, energy system being what it is, it encourages you to only use your strongest skill.

Energy is actually pretty abundant. Saving it for your strongest skill is a choice you can make but it is by no means always the most effective way of dealing with enemies...unless you're Nova. The power of her 4 makes her 2 awkward.

Edited by A1CZERO

Overheat should do more than just burn nearby enemies. Something more than a miniature World of Fire. How boring.

did u even watch the livestream?  he said the def is getting lowered, its getting an offensive buff. how is that just burning nearby enemies.

you guys don't even know the number yet. for all you know it can 400% damage to the point where that is your survival.

the only reason people played ember is for overheat good damage and good def. and people call that playstyle, sounds more like easy mode.

did u even watch the livestream?  he said the def is getting lowered, its getting an offensive buff. how is that just burning nearby enemies.

you guys don't even know the number yet. for all you know it can 400% damage to the point where that is your survival.

the only reason people played ember is for overheat good damage and good def. and people call that playstyle, sounds more like easy mode.

>Overheat good damage

The only reason people play her its because overheat damage reduction. Why turn it into another AoE fire damage when her 3 and 4 already do that?

The damage from Overheat was almost pointless, it made enemies flail back a bit, but it wasn't really good for harming them. That was what fireblast and WOF was good for. It was good to safe your hide. It didn't made the game easy mode.

What good is harming enemies by touching you if you still get hit by a toxic or disrupting ancient and the majority of the enemies in this game who fire projectiles at you.

Edited by Othergrunty

>Overheat good damage

The only reason people play her its because overheat damage reduction. Why turn it into another AoE fire damage when her 3 and 4 already do that?

With the damage increases and damage system changes maybe people will play a damage frame for her DAMAGE and not her ability to tank.

With the damage increases and damage system changes maybe people will play a damage frame for her DAMAGE and not her ability to tank.

So you say, they should change Frost's Snowglobe towards only freezing enemies passing through it but letting bullets through so people start using his damage dealing other 3 abilities more instead of using him as team tank?

Neither damaging power ember had were relevant past a certain level. And that level was only higher than volt's.

I stopped using my favorite frame LONG ago simply due to the amount of bugs and unintuitive powers she had.

No one ever used fireball. It couldn't kill infested level 10, let alone be considered relevant.

Overheat was only used for resistance to damage.

Fire blast only dealt damage in the outer ring - and its damage was so weak it wouldn't kill infested past level 20. It also did NOT benefit from focus and continuity.

And World on Fire stopped being effective LONG ago when it became bugged and unable to target more than a single target.

And with the increase in enemy level since update 9, and consequential armor increase across the board, her powers became so much less effective, that you'd only use her for Overheat. Now, why use Overheat when you can just use Iron Skin and have almost the same practical effect, except you still had three other useful powers?

So you say, they should change Frost's Snowglobe towards only freezing enemies passing through it but letting bullets through so people start using his damage dealing other 3 abilities more instead of using him as team tank?

Snowglobe will be nerfed. I am pretty sure of that though I don't know when. With the new damage system I'm sure more people will use his other abilities more.

Neither damaging power ember had were relevant past a certain level. And that level was only higher than volt's.

I stopped using my favorite frame LONG ago simply due to the amount of bugs and unintuitive powers she had.

No one ever used fireball. It couldn't kill infested level 10, let alone be considered relevant.

Overheat was only used for resistance to damage.

Fire blast only dealt damage in the outer ring - and its damage was so weak it wouldn't kill infested past level 20. It also did NOT benefit from focus and continuity.

And World on Fire stopped being effective LONG ago when it became bugged and unable to target more than a single target.

And with the increase in enemy level since update 9, and consequential armor increase across the board, her powers became so much less effective, that you'd only use her for Overheat. Now, why use Overheat when you can just use Iron Skin and have almost the same practical effect, except you still had three other useful powers?

You must not of heard of her upcoming damage increases and bug fixes. Check out the latest Livestream. It's great.

Snowglobe will be nerfed. I am pretty sure of that though I don't know when. With the new damage system I'm sure more people will use his other abilities more.

Putting a lot of faith in the new system eh?

Well i said what i think about the Ember changes and i hope the devs got these concerns from me and the others. So i guess it's now time for the waiting game.

Putting a lot of faith in the new system eh?

Well i said what i think about the Ember changes and i hope the devs got these concerns from me and the others. So i guess it's now time for the waiting game.

I'm putting faith in the team.

As long as Frost has Snow Globe as it is, I doubt he'd would be primarily used for anything else. Damage increases on his abilities can't hurt though.

You must not of heard of her upcoming damage increases and bug fixes. Check out the latest Livestream. It's great.

We have to see what the changes will actually make in game, but so far, I'm HEAVILY disappointed with Ember's changes. :(

I heard, thanks. I watched the Livestream when it was live, and commented "in real time".

That post showed how she currently is.

How she will be is anybody's guess. Without any hard numbers, both on her power changes and the armor 2.0, we can't take a guess. Though if they do end up "removing" her only good utility power, then she will hardly have anything else to do.

Except she already has 3 abilities that do damage, 2 of them the same except you can move the AoE of the ultimate, she does not need anymore crap damage abilities, she need her 3 damage abilities to work at high levels and a defensive ability. Dont you see that no matter how much they increase the damage overheat does, it will still be just a tiny and less useful version of world on fire?

Except she already has 3 abilities that do damage, 2 of them the same except you can move the AoE of the ultimate, she does not need anymore crap damage abilities, she need her 3 damage abilities to work at high levels and a defensive ability. Dont you see that no matter how much they increase the damage overheat does, it will still be just a tiny and less useful version of world on fire?

You must not know about the armor changes.

You must not know about the armor changes.

What does my post have to do with armor changes? It is irrelevant if overheat does a lot more damage after the armor changes, it will still be just a smaller version of world on fire. What Im trying to get at is that ember does not need another offensive skill, she already has 3 offensive abilities. Dont you see what would her skill set look like?

1. projectile that does DoT.

2. DoT around you  in a small area with a little damage reduction.

3. DoT in a static area.

4. DoT around you in a big area.

Whats the point of having 4 abilities that do damage and 3 of them basically the same ability with different range? People will just use the one that does more damage and never touch the others. And thats without mentioning that without the damage reduction she is squishy as hell and all her abilities require her to be in close range.

Tell me, do any other frames have a skill set consisting of pure damage abilities? Just think about how boring and lame it would be to just have the same ability in 3 different sizes (and fireball, which no one will use no matter how big the buff is) before you start implying Im not aware of something as big as the damage rework..

Edit: The only thing close to a frame having 4 damage abilities is Nova, and she has 3 offensive abilities, which deal damage in different ways, and wormhole, which has great utility. So why make ember have 4 AoE-DoT abilities?

Edited by Rafa1910

Nevermind the buffs to all the other abilities.

Really more like fixes rather than buffs. Fixes for Fireball and Fireblast were long overdue. 

The only reason the increased damage will be useful is when they will apply the damage/armor changes to enemies. Right now, this buff is pretty pointless, while the nerf will change her quite a lot in effectiveness.

First Saryn, then Ember and Trinity, all of them my favorite frames. I'll have to adapt, but I'm still a bit unhappy.

For real! ): I main with Ember and Trinity. The reason I got them because of their tanking abilities. I really do hope these new changes don't take away too much from those functions.