Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Impact Not So Heavy?

Jamescell

Heavy impact is a super good way to waste space. The range is underwhelming, the damage is pretty much none, and the height required to initiate an impact is quite high. Maxed this mod takes up 9 mod space, as much as a maxed stretch or streamline. I mainly have tried using heavy impact with Excalibur, and using super jump just allows for enemies to get in free damage before you knock down the two closest to you for a few seconds. Novas teleport ability is much more useful for transportation, and trying to utilize heavy impact just wastes the ability and 75 energy.

Possible buffs (theoretically all could be implemented together)

Increase the range by allot.

Decrease the distance of the fall height required to activate.

Stun enemies before they get up.

Allow the ability to activate when a Warframe is knocked down.

Combine heavy impact with handspring.

Those points sound quite OP as it only costs 4 mod points, unfusioned

and once upgraded, it's still not worth the mod points. 

the only way to effectively use Heavy Impact is to fall twice the length of the height of most tiles. and then it does like 400 damage, and it's supposed to knock enemies off their feet according to the card, but sure, it sort've stuns them, but it's too lengthy to use for it's effectiveness. 

like a lot of other 'random' mods for Warframes, it does a cool feature, but it's so miniscule it's NEVER worth using.

tl;dr - it takes way too long to use Heavy Impact to kill an enemy, it needs to be more effective if it's going to be that niche for people to use it.

Yup.  This mod could have been a lot of fun for us melee players, but DE has seen fit to make this useless.  It doesn't do squat for damage and it doesn't knockdown enemies reliably.. even as reliably as a normal heavy groundstrike.  You really gotta wonder if DE plays their own game sometimes.

Well, as I see it the Mod lacks purpose. Mod Slots are very valuable when you have to consider their used for things like streach, focus, streamline, redirection, ect... So the appeal of this mod is suppose to be "I wanna impact the ground and knock everyone over! it'll be awesome"

The Problem: How often are you falling from immense highs? and if you're going to put in the work to do so, will it be worth it? If you want to go so far as to use a Warframe slot to increase impacting the ground I'm assuming you'll be fine with grabbing a Gram or a Hate, which essentially do the same thing but better... constantly.

I don't agree with merging it with handspring or it triggering on being knocked down as those spread a little to far from it's purpose. and the stun I feel isn't necessary. Though I really want to know how you feel about this as some of your suggestions are quite good:

Higher range/Less height requirement - bring it up to the Gram's ground slam AoE, so if you have a lesser weapon and you wall run up a wall and back flip onto the ground, You really feel like that action was worth it. That should be enough, just a wall run/back flip. Any more then that, and it's really just not worth it.

Beyond that, I feel the best way to make it "feel good" is to make it's damage scale with high. if you super jump off of a high surface and land one of those amazing 30 foot drops.. It should obliterate mid levels easy. level 35 mooks? They should be dead. of course a simple wall run/back flip maneuver would not be noticeable damage wise. But if you can land it.. one of those big ones? it should hurt them very badly.