Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More realistic slash damage

Rustmonger42

I farm with Nekros and I use slash based weapons, as you do. Weapons like the Kohm have a tendency to just obliterate enemies, chopping them up real good, and it's a shotgun. So when I have a slash based bladed weapon, like my Tonbo, or everyone's favorite blender whip the Atterax, modded exclusively for Slash damage, would it not make more sense that if you one-hit that enemy, effectively doing more damage to them than they had to begin with, with a slash based weapon, that they would at least get cut in half? I have used both weapons extensively modded only for slash, the atterax with blood rush and maiming strike, and my Tonbo with a riven with insane crit chance and damage (pretty much always orange or red crits) and I would say more than half the enemies I one-hit stay whole. Complete. Not chunky in any way. It's unacceptable. I demand chunks. If I had to hit the enemy fifty times and slowly scratch them to death, fine. But when I kill a humanoid enemy with one epic slash of my blade, I expect chunks, damn it. My desecration requires it.

I dunno, my slash heavy weapons tend to cut enemies pretty well,

could be your other elemental combos that might be a problem.

Some weapons have innate higher chance to split enemies and not just the % of slash damage on them.

Noticed it with paracsesis recently, it cuts pretty well. 

A realistic slash damage would be enemies will bleed non-stop till their death (permanent slash proc)
Any gunshot or melee slash would cause bleeding.

So shooting a heavy gunner in the toe with a lato will kill it when medics are non-existing in their troops.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

On 2018-10-28 at 2:05 AM, Rustmonger42 said:

I farm with Nekros and I use slash based weapons, as you do. Weapons like the Kohm have a tendency to just obliterate enemies, chopping them up real good, and it's a shotgun. So when I have a slash based bladed weapon, like my Tonbo, or everyone's favorite blender whip the Atterax, modded exclusively for Slash damage, would it not make more sense that if you one-hit that enemy, effectively doing more damage to them than they had to begin with, with a slash based weapon, that they would at least get cut in half? I have used both weapons extensively modded only for slash, the atterax with blood rush and maiming strike, and my Tonbo with a riven with insane crit chance and damage (pretty much always orange or red crits) and I would say more than half the enemies I one-hit stay whole. Complete. Not chunky in any way. It's unacceptable. I demand chunks. If I had to hit the enemy fifty times and slowly scratch them to death, fine. But when I kill a humanoid enemy with one epic slash of my blade, I expect chunks, damn it. My desecration requires it.

As to my recollection, the cutting happens on the proc. So you would need a high status chance for dismemberment.