Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Squad option in normal (non POE) missions

arimanari

I remember that I used to have this option before. I could leave a squad in the middle of a mission without disrupting the game of others. Now, no matter if I'm the host or not, the only option I have is "Abort mission", which always makes the entire squad abort with me and go to orbiter. Few times I even tried to hard-close the game, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They will still be transported to their orbiters. This is quite frustrating as I can't leave any game without causing troubles for others. There is no "Leave Squad" under my menu. Just "Show Profile".

I tried looking for existing information about this but all I get is references to the POE (now fixed) problem, where you couldn't just leave.
I'm  sure others can leave normally as they have on multiple occasions, friends from my clan. They have the leave-squad option and I don't. Host or no host. What gives?

I think you misunderstood. I don't mean that I want to leave/extract when others decide to continue. I just want to leave the game without forcing the entire squad to follow me to the orbiter and destroying their game in the process. This wasn't a problem before and I only recently noticed it. Even as host, before I could leave the game after a while without any harm to the squad, except for "host migration". There is no host migration now at all - we all end up in orbiter.

Edited by arimanari

I experienced sth similar but never could pinpoint it. You could definitly leave squads anytime. I just use the "Abort" button now when I did a wrong pick or choose the wrong mission but I didn't know the whole squad will be affected by this.

If this is true though this topic is better in Feedback, Mission because DE doesn't read General or PhP.

Just report your thread and mark it as "please move to Feedback, Mission" e.g.

Let's see what others have to say and then probably do that. I thought i'm going crazy at first, just trying to see if it's just me or it's happened to others. Just 15 minutes ago I was in ODS run, 4 minutes in and I wanted to leave cause it was a badly assembled squad. I was not the host. There was no "leave squad" so I used "Abort mission" since that's all I can do besides alt-F4. The squad was returned to their orbiters, baffled as to why their game aborted.