Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Shard farming

(PSN)Night7453

Question

So the chimers prologue came today for ps4 and I noticed that after doing the whole cutscene at the start that I need shards to build paracesis but I've never done a eidolon hunt so any tips of what to bring? And is there more to the quest or is it just the cutscene 

My Frames- Ash prime/chroma prime/ember/equinox/Excalibur norm&Umbra/hydroid prime/inaros/ ivara/ khora/ mirage prime/ nekros prime nidus/Oberon prime/ Octavia/ revenant/ rhino prime/ saryn prime/ titania/trinity prime/ valkyr prime/ and zephyr prime 

I know snipers are usually the way to go so I have a Vectis Prime and vulkar wraith 

If I need to farm a frame please do tell me and if you have a build for the frame or sniper you recommend could you share it ty 

Does it matter if I kill or capture it 

P.s I just have the more amp so how do I make a better one do I need to kill an eidolon for parts so the quills can make one?

Edited by (PS4)Night7453

2 answers to this question

• pick some flavor of Damage Buff that applies to Players rather than Enemies or some sort of large area Healing/Damage Reduction that applies to Players rather than Enemies.
  • (obvious picks out of what you mention are Chroma, Oberon, Octavia, Rhino, Trinity - but there's many, many ways to skin a cat)
  • bring some Guns that are relatively spikey in Damage, ensure they have Radiation Damage.
  • Capturing is generally preferable to Killing, while the Reward Pools are a bit better for some specific Arcanes, it's easier to just always Capture anyways.
  • the Mote Amp will suffice for basic Eidolon Hunting, especially so if you are not playing alone. you can make your own Amp some time later.

that covers the basics of being useful for Eidolon Hunting.

Take Rhino with range and strength and build Vectis P for radiation damage, the mote amp will suffice until you get a better one but consider building a good amp because it's useful outside Eidolon as well, x23 is the meta I believe

Capturing will get you more rewards and let's you summon the other two eidolons as well so always capture, you need two lures for Terilyst and 3 each for Gauntilyst and Hydrolyst so 8 in total but don't get too many until one is filled because you need to kill vomvalists to fill lures (3 per lure IIRC) and if you have too many lures it'll take longer to fill one because they will be filled randomly, also bring some cipher and AW charges with you.