Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Following Mods Belong On Sentinels

XDeathCoreX

Ammo Mutation - Sentinel scan ammo and modifies it to match the ammo type for current weapon

Enemy Radar - Scans the area for enemy units and relays their exact location to the warframe

Thief's Wit - Scans area for resources and Modules and transmits date to warframe

These mods don't directly affect the warframe and work perfectly with sentinels making them into scouts that transmit data to your warframe and changes the nature of ammo drops. No more Sentinel neglect, more sentinel mods are required and these bunch are a great start.

You could add Fast deflection, Equilibrium, Vigor and all Damage vs. Faction mods, too.

Sentinel increases your shield recharge rate, utilizes conversion for Energy/Health orbs to boost energy/life support, adds a small amount of health & shields and scans Enemies for weaknesses so you do additional damage.

Ammo mutation would be better for a warframe, since you can't see a sentinel's ammo count. However +1 for the other 2 :)

OP meant that the Ammo Mutation would be loaded onto your sentinel to mutate your frame's ammo pickups, not the sentinel (who has unlimited ammo).

Also +1 to this idea, though not everyone has a sentinel; altering the mods to work for both frame and sentinel solves this, though.

Just no...sentinels are not mandatory and should not feel that way, and sentinels often die in challenging content.

Alas, they could give them the boost they so desperately need. Can't have these guys being useless when the challenge comes, wouldn't make sense after all that investment.

+1

So far, sentinels are good for:

-cloaking (shade)

-stun (wyrm)

-some damage that becomes useless (with current armor and level scaling)(dethcube)

-bringing back shields or occasionally adding one when your teammate is down.

Edited by Teknique0

Ammo Mutation - Sentinel scan ammo and modifies it to match the ammo type for current weapon

Enemy Radar - Scans the area for enemy units and relays their exact location to the warframe

Thief's Wit - Scans area for resources and Modules and transmits date to warframe

These mods don't directly affect the warframe and work perfectly with sentinels making them into scouts that transmit data to your warframe and changes the nature of ammo drops. No more Sentinel neglect, more sentinel mods are required and these bunch are a great start.

Ammo mutation: Nope, too valuable. Must cost weapon points. On the Sentinel, there would be absolutely no reason not to have it equipped always. It would make ammo capacity meaningless.

Enemy Radar and Thief's Wit: YES! I've said the same thing on some other thread.

I'd throw in Master Thief...rename it Master Key :P. A suite of hacking programs and lockpicking mechanisms carried by the Sentinel.

Just no...sentinels are not mandatory and should not feel that way, and sentinels often die in challenging content.

None of these abilities are mandatory at all... they are bonuses. They are extra gimmicks that have nothing to do with combat, mobility or survivability, wich is precisely why they belong in Sentinels.

And maybe YOUR Sentinel dies often in challenging content. My Sentinels do not. In fact it's been a long time since I finished a mission without my Sentinel.

Even if they did die in every mission, this is no reason not to have these gimmick mods on Sentinels. Fact is these mods are rarely used past their novelty period and are just gathering dust on peoples' arsenals or being turned into Fusion fodder.

No one, and I do mean NO ONE in their right mind will equip these mods for challenging content anyway, whatever it means to you. You'd have to be incredibly stupid to sacrifice defense, offense and efficiency mods to put one of those instead.

I would love to see this, so it earns my +1

But, i have to agree that because the sentinel is optional it would be a problem.  sigh...such a good idea though.

I would love to see more creative sentinel mods though.  All i need is Redirection and my DC never dies.  That is alot of mod space for something creative.

None of these abilities are mandatory at all... they are bonuses. They are extra gimmicks that have nothing to do with combat, mobility or survivability, wich is precisely why they belong in Sentinels.

And maybe YOUR Sentinel dies often in challenging content. My Sentinels do not. In fact it's been a long time since I finished a mission without my Sentinel.

Even if they did die in every mission, this is no reason not to have these gimmick mods on Sentinels. Fact is these mods are rarely used past their novelty period and are just gathering dust on peoples' arsenals or being turned into Fusion fodder.

No one, and I do mean NO ONE in their right mind will equip these mods for challenging content anyway, whatever it means to you. You'd have to be incredibly stupid to sacrifice defense, offense and efficiency mods to put one of those instead.

Well said. None of these mods are mandatory, Hek they're basically just ignored at the moment (not counting mutation).

I completely agree and thank you XDeathCoreX for this suggestion.  Namacyst as well

I actually forma'd my Sentinel's rifle and gave it better upgrades to what it had (my main rifle things now that I can go back to using a shotgun thanks to the wraith).  Its almost back to 30 but it does noticeable damage to rank 60 things.