Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Mode Suggestion: Just Run.

CosyPigeon

If one player dies, Mission failed. If playing solo, moveset disabled. As for weapon slash, make it a dynamic environment. Maybe have barrels explode and have the level turn as in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTgdLgazq-E

It could be in a ship that is being destroyed. No health drops, and windows are exploding. If you linger in a room with windows broken, you will most certainly die. Since there are no enemies, Ultimates will be disabled, thus making it impossible for Trinity to heal anyone. As to why the windows would break in a systematic fashion, I have no clue.

These sorts of rules are very much so a trade off of "fun" for "difficulty". This is not how this game is being handled (which in my opinion is a good thing) It comes down to choice. Yes, if you wanna run a 4 nova team and portal through it.. Well... That's their choice. We shouldn't try to limit the fun others can have due to the way they play the game.

For this to work you need to have the same rules as always:

- Ults/ubers and all powers for that matter are available.

- So long as one player reaches the end everyone wins! (save for the credits)

- No restrictions of any kind that don't already exist

I understands the feeling of working hard and doing it the right way. Of accomplishing a great time with your favorite frame and not defaulting to Nova or whoever else might be a far superior frame. But I also understand that trying to restrict things like that are only going to hurt a game more so then help it.

If anything make the mysterious death following the team speed up with every room you pass through. Make it adjust itself based on how fast your going, that way you cant slow down. Regardless what frame you are, this makes it so you have to keep moving at the rate you're going. and you're only going to move faster, which makes it move faster. Poison? Lock-Down? Both? it'll work.

just to close I don't mean any insult to anyone here. This is just how I feel.

Edited by KittyDarkling

I still think the game mode would be fun, if you wanted to ruin the fun by running volt or nova, that would be your business I guess. Or they could just change the rate at which the fog advances depending on what sort of frames are playing, or they could put in an energy drain mechanic so you have to rely on parkour skills instead of power spam. 

the problem, is we have many different frames. all of them should always be a viable option in the game. otherwise we're not making a game here.

if it 'scaled' depending on frames in the match, that would mean if a fast frame was in a match, and a slow frame, the slow frame would die. 

the problem with so many different combinations of frames, is that the gamemode would either be impossible or way too easy. in between, won't happen. because if even 5% of the players can't use their favorite frame for this gamemode, it would be extremely unfair to those players. 

Warframes are like a pet, people get attached to them. 

(i know if i see Dethcube die i get sad :[)

also, if you were forced to run 'backwards' like most games force you to, it would be horrific. because then the only thing the gamemode tests is reflexes and memorization, no analytical thinking, problem solving, or creative thinking.

yes, i am saying video games can be intelligent. and people can have fun with them being so. 

i also don't see how this can really be a gamemode, how is this Lore tied? you wouldn't drop into a sector to deliberately run away from a cloud of death you know is there, so...

also, mods and l00t is a big part of Warframe, what if an enemy drops a mod behind 3 other players? if they want that mod, and they die getting it, you're telling them they shouldn't have l00t in a loot game. that would be like an empty loot box in Borderlands :p

i'm not against it, i have severe concerns about how this gamemode would be 'interesting' for more than solo or for frames other than Nova / your Loki.

it sounds more brutal.

the problem, is we have many different frames. all of them should always be a viable option in the game. otherwise we're not making a game here.

if it 'scaled' depending on frames in the match, that would mean if a fast frame was in a match, and a slow frame, the slow frame would die. 

the problem with so many different combinations of frames, is that the gamemode would either be impossible or way too easy. in between, won't happen. because if even 5% of the players can't use their favorite frame for this gamemode, it would be extremely unfair to those players. 

Warframes are like a pet, people get attached to them. 

(i know if i see Dethcube die i get sad :[)

also, if you were forced to run 'backwards' like most games force you to, it would be horrific. because then the only thing the gamemode tests is reflexes and memorization, no analytical thinking, problem solving, or creative thinking.

yes, i am saying video games can be intelligent. and people can have fun with them being so. 

i also don't see how this can really be a gamemode, how is this Lore tied? you wouldn't drop into a sector to deliberately run away from a cloud of death you know is there, so...

also, mods and l00t is a big part of Warframe, what if an enemy drops a mod behind 3 other players? if they want that mod, and they die getting it, you're telling them they shouldn't have l00t in a loot game. that would be like an empty loot box in Borderlands :p

i'm not against it, i have severe concerns about how this gamemode would be 'interesting' for more than solo or for frames other than Nova / your Loki.

it sounds more brutal.

I feel you raise a lot of very good points. and a few people here have seamed to express a similar idea in that this shouldn't be so much of a game mode as something tied to the end of a currently existing game mode.

So imagine this! Sabotage. keep it exactly as is however, once you riddle that reactor with bullets.. instead of turning off the lights, you get a 10-15 second countdown... A neat little "oh S#&$" moment should hit you and you run. once the timer hits 0 expositions will randomly rip through the rooms connected to the reactor and slowly "chase you"

This takes care of Lore and half takes care of loot.

balance for frames? There's a few ideas I have that might work.

- What if every room is locked down and you need to hack as you go? (requires fast hacking)

- What if the expositions increase in rate every time you enter a room? (requires sticking together and not running ahead)

- Those were all my ideas :x

also to make it more interesting, maybe stairs and things should break so you have to use parkour like running up walls where necessary or sliding under obsticals!

-snip-

A ha! The reactor could be exploding, moving outwards. My window idea made no sense. This way, the explosion would move outwards in a systematic fashion, creating a believable premise to this "half game mode". It'll also spice up sabotage.

Inclusion of a dynamic environment would either help balance out the difference between frames (as some have abilities like Teleport and Switch Teleport) or make the differences more apparent. 

Scaling speed doesn't necessarily work as well. If it adjusts to accommodate the slowest player, things'll be too easy for the faster frames. We could have something similar to Defense, where there'll be multiple escape pod rooms, so players can choose when they want to stop. After passing two end mission rooms, the floor'll drop off, forcing players to parkour. The speed boosts from Wall running and Wall hopping, will make Fats frames viable, while also making Teleports risky.

eh, this would still be designed so that the slowest possible frame could do the run, since excluding any one frame from a mission type would be kinda bad unless this was specifically made for endgame

at that point you wouldn't really be threatened by that challenge

Edited by weirdee

Basically a game mode idea from FEAR 3, where the level extends in a linear fashion in one direction, and a poisonous fog comes from one direction, and a horde of increasingly deadly enemies comes from the other, forcing players to quickly fight and run their way through enemies in order to survive. Add in lots of parkour sections that are necessary in order to outrun the fog, and this game mode could be allot of fun :)

I'd really enjoy this game mode, but I would remove the enemies and instead add obstacles that require either parkour or teamwork to get past. So basically a mission type that tests your free running capability in warframe more than "how much forma did you out in your guns".

Might not be for everyone, but great for those who love the mobility in this game.

eh, this would still be designed so that the slowest possible frame could do the run, since excluding any one frame from a mission type would be kinda bad unless this was specifically made for endgame

at that point you wouldn't really be threatened by that challenge

Scaling speed doesn't necessarily work as well. If it adjusts to accommodate the slowest player, things'll be too easy for the faster frames. We could have something similar to Defense, where there'll be multiple escape pod rooms, so players can choose when they want to stop. After passing two end mission rooms, the floor'll drop off, forcing players to parkour. The speed boosts from Wall running and Wall hopping, will make Fats frames viable, while also making Teleports risky.

Well what I mean by scaling speed is, it scales based on how quickly you move through the rooms. So if you stick together and wait on your slow man, as a Team you'll all make it out alive. but If someone runs off ahead their basically screwing over their team.. so that kinda leaves it open to trolling :x that's the real problem.

That's where I kinda thought of the hacking idea.. every room or every other room requires you hack the doors open. This means your loki, nova, volt. will be ahead of the team but they'll also have to stop and hack to keep going. Pros: it's a pretty solid plan to keep everyone alive and keep things challenging. Cons: Repetitive

Though it could be spiced up, perhaps alternating with 2 man doors, or making it so the same person cant hack every door? I feel like making it so you have to alternate who hacks would greatly lessen the repetitiveness, not to mention further reducing the odds of leaving slower frames behind.

Also, to keep it from feeling like you're just waiting on the slower guys the doors are of course swarmed with guards who were locked in! so really you'll need your team to both hack, -and- not die. even if you're loki and your invisible, making the doors alternate hackers means you now have to keep man #2 alive at LEAST so they can hack the doors. It's cool I imagine the enemies (if greneer or corpus) banging on the door, maybe trying to shoot at it, one bashing the console... Then you guys show up and they'll be sooo maaaaaad xD This makes things kinda two fold..

- on one side you know you need to clear out or keep busy this small swarm of enemies.

- on the other you need to keep ahead of the explosions ripping through the ship.

End result is, you have to stick together to stay alive (if you're at an acquitted difficulty level for your load out)