Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

didn't they say we get more ore from mining now?

kasai409

i still only get 10 ore on a perfect vein, and it looks like it's easier to end up with less ores now. the only thing that changed is that i sometimes get two different gems.
they also said it's more skill based now, but how is letting go of a button at the right time more skillful than following a line perfectly?

3 minutes ago, kaldewej said:

I guess they changed it because console players can't follow the line very easily.

But do you always get the 10 ores in plains of eidolon or in orb vallis?

Because in orb vallis I often get more than 10, sometimes up to 20 ores.

Thats, because you have booster, I think.

6 hours ago, kasai409 said:

i still only get 10 ore on a perfect vein, and it looks like it's easier to end up with less ores now. the only thing that changed is that i sometimes get two different gems.
they also said it's more skill based now, but how is letting go of a button at the right time more skillful than following a line perfectly?

The problem with following the line was that based on viewing angle, it dynamically changed.  It's harder to pan the view left when you're nearly looking straight down, since you're more likely to just spin the view.  In short, the old system works if they were change mining to some kind of cursor mode but then those of us with pen tablets would have a huge advantage.  For whatever that's worth in a PvE game.

Making it time based equalizes the effort involved regardless of view pitch.  It also gives them room to play with additional mining options/challenges.  The closer to the center of the "big" spaces you land, the better the pay out.  The tiny boxes with the line through the middle will provide a second resource though.