Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consumable Gear Improvements/suggestions

YsWolf

Consumable Gear Improvements/suggestions

So I was dominating a T3 void the other day (naturally) when I accidently brought up the quick gear interface. While I have utilized the consumable gear before, primarily for ammo, I realised that the last time I really used it was around the 4th of July and even then I had to remind myself that it was there.

Some of you are saying “What’s wrong with you? I use that all the time” while a large majority are probably thinking “oh yeaaaaaah, I remember that …how do I activate it in-game again?”

Sadly, I’ve used the “starburst” consumable item more than the rest of the items combined which brings me back to the point:

WHAT ‘USEFUL’ CONSUMABLE GEAR WOULD YOU ACTUALLY BUY AND USE?

So dump any of your questions, comments or insults suggestions here. Here are a few random ideas:

1. Stacking items

Ammo boxes could be stacked, obviously with a limited number in mind, saaay… 5?

(in hindsight ammo boxes might not be the best example for stacking; since the new ammo mods I never need them)

1. Deployable mimic abilities

Ever wish you could deploy a snow globe over a downed player without being Frost, even if it was a weaker variation of the original? Perhaps you might want to create a worm hole to help someone reach an area only accessible to those veteran parkour players without Nova.

1. AOA gear items

Deployable gear that influences that area for a limited period of time; gear such as a slow field generator, damage traps, a sentinel repair station, a resource scavenger (increase drop rate) or even an aid station or energy booster (somewhat redundant with the auras).

1. Offensive weaponry

Turrets, grenades - EMP (disables consoles or damages corpus weaponry), Incendiary, Concussive, Chuck Norris, Ghandi’s flip flop, etc.

1. Stealth gear

Lures, distractions, system hacks, concealment, Pedobear, sentinel pokeball, personal mines/traps.

1. Aesthetic items

Visually appealing gear, not really 'useful', much like the “starburst”. Perhaps leave behind an I-was-here watermark or a Lotus watermark, a life-size Vauban bobble head, a founder’s signature, a Dark Sector figurine, Sheldon-Prime.

With all the new mods most of the consumable gear has become redundant but it may also provide a little more diversity to the mission even if it’s momentarily.

…Then again they could just scrap the consumable gear concept altogether, I’m just throwing an idea out here.

As nice as your idea is, I would only AoA and Aesthetic items on.

having the other three~ deployable mimic, stealth, offensive wep items.

will kinda ruin the game.

deployable mimic:yes its a weaker ver of fhe original but you know it will take out the frames originality if you have an item that does the same thing that a frame does.

stealth: as I mentioned its like a copy of what a frame can do. besides we have shade for that(P-pedo bear. . stay away) 

offensive items: at first I thought, woah it sounds good but then I turned towards vauban, he already handles the grenade part, copy that and well there goes his uniqueness.

As nice as your idea is, I would only AoA and Aesthetic items on.

having the other three~ deployable mimic, stealth, offensive wep items.

will kinda ruin the game.

deployable mimic:yes its a weaker ver of fhe original but you know it will take out the frames originality if you have an item that does the same thing that a frame does.

stealth: as I mentioned its like a copy of what a frame can do. besides we have shade for that(P-pedo bear. . stay away) 

offensive items: at first I thought, woah it sounds good but then I turned towards vauban, he already handles the grenade part, copy that and well there goes his uniqueness.

he's more of a trapper than a nader so he's uniqueness is intact. plus vor...

You have a point Fammia and I don't want balance out the unique aspects of the game but I thought this might provide an opportunity to implement alternative gameplay or provide a different approach to existing community issues. I don't expect half of the suggestions to actually be of any practical use but I put up a few just to get the ball rolling and get other users to bring in some great ideas.

In essence all I wanted is to populate the consumable gear market even if it's just aesthetic for the moment.

Thanks for your comments, it keeps us from being counterproductive.

I don't think iv ever used an ammo box or otherwise, but the idea of grenades or slimier things like that is awesome. as are turrets, however i can see that being a frame ability more then an item.

I would say also it would be interesting to have stuff like C4, as i could see it being used well with def missions

(similar to pipe bombs in killing floor, or otherwise, it would be nice to go in with expendable defenses on an energy drain mission)

being abel to set up traps and kite enemys into them would also be very itnerestign and fun, ither proxim mines or whatever, but it also kinda fits into the ninja kinda theam too. even if its jest a freeze, gel, or whatever trap that dosent do damage but rather slows or imobilizes stuff it would be awsome to use on stuff. I can see kiting things into traps best used with infested.

something i have been wanting in a game for some time is throwabul shilds. kinda like volts, but it lasts for however long the charge is then goes away, but during that it provides cover. halo kinda had the bubbel thing, but this would be more jest a hallway blocking safe zone untill it took enuf damage to go down.

something i have been wanting in a game for some time is throwabul shilds. kinda like volts, but it lasts for however long the charge is then goes away, but during that it provides cover. halo kinda had the bubbel thing, but this would be more jest a hallway blocking safe zone untill it took enuf damage to go down.

Remember, we gotta keep them original. Fammia has a point, we don't want to overlap on existing elements too much. If it's like Volt's shield it needs to be considerably weaker.

So, if you have an interest in a shield how about this: a "shield overload" which gives you damage immunity for 3 to 5 seconds after which your shields are drained back down to 0.

Edit: In hindsight, the mechanics of how the gear is used doesn't really make off-the-cuff consumables too feasible. Unless there's a shortcut to accessing a specific gear item that I don't know of, the planned tactical gear would be more practical like traps or a stationary setup.

Edited by YsWolf

Sooooo yeeeeaaaah, about the recent update... so they decided to stack the ammo boxes!

...oh yeah, AND they decided to discontinue the "purchase" of consumable gear too. So uh... I guess that's one thing settled then.

Edited by YsWolf