The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

50+% performance drop within a few steps (video)

FurbyOnSteroid

same here i first when i entered the open world my fps 105 after 5 min it drop to 40 and sometime go 35

my pc

core i7 4771

32gb ram

gtx 970 4gb

and the game on ssd

Edit: reinstalled graphic driver and this seem to fix it

Edited by -SR-Darwin

vor 4 Stunden schrieb -SR-Darwin:

same here i first when i entered the open world my fps 105 after 5 min it drop to 40 and sometime go 35 

My example isn't time based though. It's position based as you can see. Normal is around 90 fps but a few steps back on that exact spot and it drops to around 40.. few steps forward and it's back to 90.. something is loading there which decreases performance significantly

look your fps and look how smooth the game really are. yes the fps drops, but looks closely the game dont go really out of fps. is a warframe problem. i have the same issue and comes with a nasty imput lag....some times i jump into a archwing and i have a super fast camera... 

On 2018-11-13 at 9:49 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Thank you for this video! This is definitely odd. We'll take a look at this location and see if there is anything we can do to smooth it out.

I experienced this same issue in a different location. In my case, it is inside of a cave. And it's the same deal with moving slightly back and forth from this spot cutting fps drastically. I went through my graphics settings one-by-one until I found the culprit. Geometry Detail. With Geometry Detail set to low, I get 120 fps where I'm standing. If I turn the setting to medium or high, my fps immediately drops down into the 50s.

Here are 2 screenshots of me standing in the exact same position. The only difference between these screenshots is the Geometry Detail setting, set to Medium on the first image and set to Low on the second.

i4Mqekt.jpgbqap78U.jpg

Another thing I've noticed is that Anisotropic Filtering has a considerable impact on performance when looking at the coolant lake. Even with the setting turned to just 4x, it cuts my fps by about 30. When it's maxed at 16x, the fps is cut by approximately 60.

Also, if it helps, my PC uses a Ryzen 7 1700 processor and an AMD RX 480 8GB GPU, as well as 8 GB of RAM. My main display is 144hz and has FreeSync enabled (V-sync is disabled in-game with fps capped to 144).