Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Impact

Kickboxing_Banana

When I first heard about Heavy Impact, I thought it would be a fun and great mod to use in combat. But since this game is developed by DE, I was greatly dissapointed after acquiring it. The problem with mod is the height of the jump that is required to activate the shockwave. It is too high.

HI_zps13ed92e5.png

(If you don't know how high that is in reality, go play Mobile Defense on Grineer asteroid base tileset.)

The height should be reduced. I have no idea how I could possibly find the mod useful in combat situations, especially on flat maps (Corpus ship defense for example) which only have around 3 possible places to jump from. Another way to make the mod more useful would be to make each rank increase the chance of impact by 15% (maximum of 90% on rank 5), and remove the height requirement completely.

All uses I can currently think for the mod:

- Look cooler than everyone else in the team

- Use the icon as a wallpaper on my Phone, it looks great!

Edited by GalliumGD

But since this game is developed by DE, I was greatly dissapointed after acquiring it. 

Implication being that the reason you were disappointed by it wasn't its actual flaws, you were just automatically disappointed because it was made by DE ?

Also, everything youre saying, has been said -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/97080-lets-talk-about-heavy-impact/

Edited by Santaphrax

It needs to have much lower arm height, but the damage needs to scale with height.

Falling from 5 meters platform should be a viable move and excal with superjump should have his way to shine.

As of now, this seems to be a waste of slots and points if used on anything else besides Excal.

Unnecessary statement using ignorant insults with no substance to reference.

Good job killing your own thread before it began.

It seems like ignorant insults are the only way to get attention nowadays.

this mod sounds good on paper but like many other mods, it falls short

+1

Excal with Super Jump

Nova with Wormhole

Vauban with Bounce. 

Otherwise just do vertical wall runs to your max height and then backflip off to activate the Heavy Impact. Still you will need a good Rush mod to wall run high enough.

Do people actually use Bounce for something else than trolling?

It's not height that determines the attack, it's speed.

Low gravity or jumping before landing or just droping down are all different situations.

With excall, it's a nice crowd damage attack, only at the cost of 10 energy, if you do not like it, then leave if for those who can actually make it worthwhile, use another mod card in that place.