Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "use Same Mod For All Guns" Ui Double Dipping With Sentinels

konfetarius

As some of you may have noticed, we can now have the same mod equipped across multiple weapons (YAY!). However, this also resulted in the ability to use the same mod TWICE in one game - you can have the same Serration powering your gun and let's say Dethcube's Rifle in the same mission.

Is this an intentional side effect of the change? Some of us committed a very high number of fusion cores for duplicate mods for sentinel use, so it feels weird to have 2 maxed or near maxed Serrations with one of them suddenly become an obsolete waste of fusion cores.

Should we keep the Sentinel weapon duplicates, or can we fuse (admittedly still a massive loss of Fusion core due to how the fusing system works) them away?

Furthermore, is there a snowball's chance in hell to get a refund on these duplicates? I mean, beta expect nerfs/buffs, but this is pretty much equivalent to deleting an item from your inventory (or, in this case, hundreds of fusion cores). Fusing a rank 9 serration into a rank 9 Serration results in maybe 5-10% of the total effect that using those Fusion mods directly on the singular Serration would have done.

Edited by konfetarius

So let me get this straight...

As of now, we will only need ONE Serration mode, since it can be use across all weapons?

IE. The max Serration mod I have, is all that I need, and all other Serration mod that's installed in other weapons will be rendered obsolete as that Max Serration is all it'll take?

Is that the summary of the mod changes? If so, I've some rework to do.

So let me get this straight...

As of now, we will only need ONE Serration mode, since it can be use across all weapons?

IE. The max Serration mod I have, is all that I need, and all other Serration mod that's installed in other weapons will be rendered obsolete as that Max Serration is all it'll take?

Is that the summary of the mod changes? If so, I've some rework to do.

all you need now is 1 maxed mod each. done

yea i agree some kinda refund for x mods would be nice :)

all you need now is 1 maxed mod each. done

yea i agree some kinda refund for x mods would be nice :)

I still don't see how that works until I'm able to dive back into Warframe...

Sound kinda risky though, I mean..."Alright since I only need 1 mod max, I'm gonna fuse everything to it." -Weeks later- "DE: Sorry guyz, we mezzed up...Again, mod system back to the way it is." After that, all we have left is 1 max mod for each type.

i never maxed more than one of each because i was expecting something like this, so im happy :D

I still don't see how that works until I'm able to dive back into Warframe...

Sound kinda risky though, I mean..."Alright since I only need 1 mod max, I'm gonna fuse everything to it." -Weeks later- "DE: Sorry guyz, we mezzed up...Again, mod system back to the way it is." After that, all we have left is 1 max mod for each type.

if they do that, there will be an unholy S#&$storm, the likes of which this game has never seen before

Edited by Wellwisher

i never maxed more than one of each because i was expecting something like this, so im happy :D

if they do that, there will be an unholy S#&$storm, the likes of which this game has never seen before

I forgot what happened last time, or maybe I'm associating another game with this one.

What I recalled, was that a patch wasn't good enough/broken/whatever. Devs decided to revert it back to previous patch. Players weren't happy. I could be wrong, been playing a tons of mixed games lately.

Either way, this whole thing still reeks of fish and scariness.

On other hand. Grinding for mods to feed, and fuse enough to make an arsenal of weapons work best, have been a time sink feature for this game. Changing this mod system for 1 mod for all, wouldn't that kill the durability of this game? 

Or is DE hinting that, there will be lots more need-to-grind item. And figured that will fill our plate and decide to make the mod section easier for us?

Edited by Rain-Maker

I forgot what happened last time, or maybe I'm associating another game with this one.

What I recalled, was that a patch wasn't good enough/broken/whatever. Devs decided to revert it back to previous patch. Players weren't happy. I could be wrong, been playing a tons of mixed games lately.

Either way, this whole thing still reeks of fish and scariness.

On other hand. Grinding for mods to feed, and fuse enough to make an arsenal of weapons work best, have been a time sink feature for this game. Changing this mod system for 1 mod for all, wouldn't that kill the durability of this game? 

Or is DE hinting that, there will be lots more need-to-grind item. And figured that will fill our plate and decide to make the mod section easier for us?

well you only ever needed a second copy for sentinel weapons, every other second copy only saved you the time of re modding every time you switched weapons/frame.

So if they disallow equipping the same mod twice in the same load out i think that's fair, but removing this altogether just adds all the silly micromanagement that we don't need back to the game.

I have mod set to all 14 warframe and most of them max out for me this change is end of the game. You can collect every mod in the game in the week and max them out in the next then what?

!!!You play for prizes but now you do not need them, after week you have everything,!!!

You buy new weapon you do not have to collect mods to have two weapon and change them fast you simply put the same mods END OF FUN.

Why would you max more mods when you know, you can actually take the mod cards out and put them on another weapon? (doesnt count for sentinels ofcourse).

Because people don't want to pick out a mod, close the window, switch to another weapon, open the window, look for that specific mod in the ocean of mods you have. Then finally found it, and put it into the slot, then maybe, just maybe you realized that specific mod you were looking for, is 1 slot cost too much for that weapon.

TL;DR People are lazy, get over it.

In my situation: I own almost everything up to date. And every mission I try to pick a random weapon to go out with. You're not expecting players like me to spend 15 minutes just to re-tweak a weapon before missions are you? Also, players like me. We are not minorities.

can DE confirm that it stay like this?

Things change, time change, people change.

DE also promised that Vauban, and Nova is the new standards. They will buff all other Frames to match Vauban/Nova's standards instead of nerfing Vau/Nova. Look what just happened.

A confirmation from DE doesn't mean anything. Well, temporary yes. After a few weeks or months, people forgot. That confirmation will cease to exists.

Edited by Rain-Maker

Why would you max more mods when you know, you can actually take the mod cards out and put them on another weapon? (doesnt count for sentinels ofcourse).

Simply to change fast weapon and frame without chanching mods, the "remove all" button was for that purpose now its useles.