Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question to Tennogen artists

Maybe this is not exactly the place to ask but...

Warframe has still loads of items that need a PBR pass, I wonder if you guys would feel happy to help DE to complete the PBR treatment on old items (Warframes, weapons, sentinels, some old skins)

I kinda lost the hope that DE will do it because they're too busy with new stuff to go revisit those items, but I think you guys could help.

For many of you, Warframe gave a lot, I was thinking if you guys can help back a little.

Il y a 2 heures, SpiralViper a dit :

That's not what tennogen is. PBR passes were done as soon as SP was released in 2015. I remember the difference

What @(PS4)OmegaSlayer say is that Tennogen artists could potentially help DE to do these PRB pass with their texturing skills. This is not a bad idea if some good artists they thrust are ready to do that.

To answer the question, as a Tennogen, I would definitely not do that kind of stuff because first, I don't think I'm good at reproducing something, even if it's a great way of learning; But mainly because when I'm doing something, I always have other idea that pop into my mind and I can't prevent my self from doing changes if I think it's better that way, I doing this as an artist who explore new idea and sometime I feel the process itself is boring but still fun only because of the creative side.

So if I get to do only the boring part without being creative and doing what I find interesting, it would be a huge no for me. The same go for doing stuff from super detailled already 100% defined concept art from someone else.

4 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

What @(PS4)OmegaSlayer say is that Tennogen artists could potentially help DE to do these PRB pass with their texturing skills. This is not a bad idea if some good artists they thrust are ready to do that.

To answer the question, as a Tennogen, I would definitely not do that kind of stuff because first, I don't think I'm good at reproducing something, even if it's a great way of learning; But mainly because when I'm doing something, I always have other idea that pop into my mind and I can't prevent my self from doing changes if I think it's better that way, I doing this as an artist who explore new idea and sometime I feel the process itself is boring but still fun only because of the creative side.

So if I get to do only the boring part without being creative and doing what I find interesting, it would be a huge no for me. The same go for doing stuff from super detailled already 100% defined concept art from someone else.

Thanks for understanding what I mean and for giving your reply and reasoning.

By the way I think that PBR pass is just a conversion of assets to another format, not building them from scratch.