Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trolled Hard By Game Crash

Eidolon_Slayer

Well, most likely it's not a game issue per se.

I've never had WF crash neither in 64 nor in 32 bit for me.

However i do remember games crashing a lot when i was tight on RAM.

This is likely to happen when Windows has to snapshot the game to the HDD because it cannot stay fully in RAM when you Alt Tab.

Not like devs couldn't make the game more alt tab friendly, however it's most likely low on the priority list since everyone runs with bazilion gigabytes of ram nowadays.

hit F11 or F12 for a screenshot when you get a good mod or a good reward at the end of something.  This screenshot will probably help you recover the stuff you lost from a crash (don't modify the screenshot file in any way, like cropping, renaming, photoshop, etc.)  

Attach the screenshot with a support ticket, along with the time and mission (I don't know what records DE has access to, but if it correlates with what is in their database I'm sure they'll help you out)

I want my thunderbolt mod!

IMO, it's not a big deal. Thunderbolt is actually pretty common nowadays, since Grineer also drop it and not only Infested. if you do a lengthy Grineer mission(Defense, Mobile Defense, etc) you'll probably get Thunderbolt in a few missions. i've gotten probably 20+ of them in total, within the past couple weeks.

i know that's not relevent to that it sucks if the game crashes on something you want, but hey, it's not like it crashed before the game updated that you got say, Lethal Torrent from a Nightmare mission, right? :p

Not like devs couldn't make the game more alt tab friendly, however it's most likely low on the priority list since everyone runs with bazilion gigabytes of ram nowadays.

this is true, but Developers are leaping on the open space to store more data, haha.

Star Citizen has it's recommended minimum system RAM at 8gigs o.0 (for when it's finished, that is)

i'm afraid to see what the recommended RAM count is. i'll probably slightly &!$$ myself if it says 32 gigs.

we're gonna see some fancy details out of that, hehe.

Edited by taiiat

There are various issues which cause freezes or game crashes sometimes as late as when you are loading the lobby after finishing the mission, all of which can 'rob' you of rightfully earned mods, resources, materials and xp.

I would love to see them implement a system where as soon as you pick that item up, it is added to your inventory/deck.

You have to be there to earn it, it isn't as if you would be getting something for free and it would prevent a lot of grief caused by technical errors which undo highly sought after drops.

Alls it would do is make sure we do get to keep what DID drop, what we DID earn, and not have it tease us with rare (or not so rare) drops and then stolen away by some glitch or error.