Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide on successful captures in Orb Vallis

EquinoxHazard

Copied from my Reddit post here I hope it helps

First of all you need 2 things (both of which can be acquired from The Biz/Business in Fortuna): A Tranq Rifle (or Tranquilliser) and an Echo-Lure (note that there are currently 4 within the game: Pobber, Vermink, Bolarola, and Kubrodon). Once you have both of those, equip the Tranq Rifle in your Gear Wheel and now you can set off to Orb Vallis.

Once you load in, equip your Tranq Rifle, this will make multiple blue diamonds with paws appear on the map, they are all the Capture locations (if you are looking for a location for a specific species, equip the corresponding Echo-Lure and that will mark only Capture spots for that species appear on your map). Now select one you want to go to, and find a suitable method of transport.

Now that you're at the Capture location, look for a brown mass (poop) at the point indicated by the blue diamond (you'll know that it's the right brown mass as when you approach it it will give you a chance to interact with it). Now that you've got there, interact with it and a trail of steps will appear, follow them until you see another marker (this time it will also appear in front of you and on your map) on a blue mass, that is the call point.

Now get onto that call point, take out the corresponding Echo-Lure (if you aren't sure which species it is, hover over the call point and it will display it). Once you have it out, just press and hold fire (PC:LMB; XB:RT; PS:R2) for the duration of the sound (the movement doesn't matter yet), you will normally1 hear a call back if done correctly.

You will now need to mimic the call, you do this by following the indicator on the right side of your screen (using aim or ADS [PC:RMB; XB:LT; PS:L2] will slow the movement and make it easier to stay within the indicator). If this is done correctly you will hear another call and Biz will tell you about the creature, the creature will come from the direction it called, and walk towards the call point, so it would be wise to stay out of its path, as it will get scared away.

Now you can finally equip your Tranq Rifle, and you'll notice that if you ADS you will be able to see the creature (3 creatures when it comes to Pobbers) through walls, use this to your advantage. Once you have a clear view, Biz will tell you about the variation of the species (link to full list at 2), shoot and you should see a 0 DMG pop up, meaning you have Tranq-ed the animal (if you don't you have missed, the Tranq Rifle has a little bullet drop and travel time so no shame in that).

Once you have Tranq-ed the animal, go up to it and you should be allowed to interact with it (watch out though, bullet jumping [spinny jump when you crouch and jump at once] into it, you will kill it and fail the capture for that animal) and then a drone will come to collect it and you will be placed into a scene next to your captured animal.

TL;DR: Too complicated for TL;DR

1:At the time of writing this, there is a glitch where the call from the animal is not always played

2:This Page

Edited by EquinoxHazard
Clarification
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Slamminslug said:

Layman's terms: Get rifle and echolure,

go to blue mark,

find poop,

Follow prints,

make noise with lure,

hear noise from animal,

mimic noise with lure,

shoot git,

don't stomp or ded,

send to orbit.

Profit???

thats what I call a guide 😄 thanks for that

• 1 month later...
On 2018-11-12 at 12:24 PM, EquinoxHazard said:

Copied from my Reddit post here I hope it helps

You will now need to mimic the call, you do this by following the indicator on the right side of your screen (using aim or ADS [PC:RMB; XB:LT; PS:L2] will slow the movement and make it easier to stay within the indicator).

Exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't show the RMB as something that slows the movement. Thanks a bunch for this. 🙂