Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I catch Charamote fish?

CorerMaximus

Don’t need bait.  Bottom right corner of the map has a cave where you can catch charamote and the occasional synathid without bait.  They don’t glow from the dye but they appear.  You can’t catch them until their name appears then they are catchable.  Usually get about 20 charamote to one or 2 synathid, in roughly 20 or so minutes.  I’m sure bait would help but it’s not necessary at all.

• Like 2

On 2018-11-13 at 1:41 AM, Jeetkunedoh said:

Don’t need bait.  Bottom right corner of the map has a cave where you can catch charamote and the occasional synathid without bait.  They don’t glow from the dye but they appear.  You can’t catch them until their name appears then they are catchable.  Usually get about 20 charamote to one or 2 synathid, in roughly 20 or so minutes.  I’m sure bait would help but it’s not necessary at all.

Other than the obvious changes to the spear chucking part of fishing, it seems like DE changed how fish spawn in Fortuna. Just as you said, bait isn't needed most of the time if you are at a hotspot. But, it does noticeably increase the spawn rate, which can be nice.