Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor suggestion to Garuda 4th Ability or maybe future mod

HellRisen

Hello, 

I know there a lot of suggestions about all of her skills, but I am fine with all, but I would like to suggest minor upgrade of 4th skill. Garuda 1st skill provide also nice shield tho damage time to time hits and if you are surrounded you can go down fast if no altar. 4th Skill is about charging to hit as much as you can and that can cost you life in high lvl missions.

Suggestion:

How about adding some scaling dmg reduction to her 4th ability? Something like longer you scale, better reduction you get. E.g. 1st second of charge would be 50% dmg reduction, 2nd second 60%, 3rd second 70% and 4th would be 80% and that would be max. I think this could help prepare ability better, also give player more time to ensure you hit everything you want to hit. It could also be used as kind of a saving manuever (tho 2nd skill would be still better).

Lemme know guys what you think about this. Maybe this will inspire DE as well =) 

Or maybe this could be her syndicate mod - charging will scale dmg reduction =)  or if applied in her ability - syndicate mod could work like extension - after using ability, you keep dmg reduction 2x time of charge. Explanation: E.g charging 4th for 4 sec would give you dmg reduction. After casting it, dmg reduction would be kept 2x charge time - in our case 2x 4 sec = 8 sec dmg reduction after releasing ability. 

I think reducing the energy cost of her 4 and making it add more damage to her 1 charge would make her more balanced. Perhaps making her 1 not have the secondary charge/bomb effect and instead make her 4 use the charge to increase its dmg/duration. Currently her passive feels to weak unless you build a super charge with her 1 for super meme bomb, maybe making her passive also give either dmg reduction up too 50% when at 10% hp or less or having her passive also give lifesteal to melee attacks the lower her hp gets.

Edited by Cattibriea

6 hours ago, Cattibriea said:

I think reducing the energy cost of her 4 and making it add more damage to her 1 charge would make her more balanced. Perhaps making her 1 not have the secondary charge/bomb effect and instead make her 4 use the charge to increase its dmg/duration.

I dont think it would help. Lowering energy cost will allow you to cast it maybe more often or charge enough energy faster, but it doesnt matter if you die during the charge till you charge it into sufficient range. Her 1st skill is actually quite powerfull. Well not in inicial dmg but it gives shield, knocks target and open it to finisher, but mostly it can kill enemy if it has lower than 35% hp and that is a hell of a hit. Problem here is that in warframe most of the time you one-shot enemies or gunfire is so intense that you have hard time to guess if the enemy is within the range of instakill or not. Also HP displays just as bar, treshhold for scaling is good in games like League of Legends where its easier to see right time to use it. Idea: maybe adding some marking as passive to display on emenies which are within instakill possibility. 

6 hours ago, Cattibriea said:

Currently her passive feels to weak unless you build a super charge with her 1 for super meme bomb, maybe making her passive also give either dmg reduction up too 50% when at 10% hp or less or having her passive also give lifesteal to melee attacks the lower her hp gets.

Yeah I saw lots of ppl complaining about her passive, but honestly I like it. Just by using 3 you get nice dmg. Garuda has interesting gameplay - it is a mixture of holding a risk going lower hp and managing timing of her heals. That passive you wont see it charged probably on lower lvl missions <40, but from 40 > there is now to go full hp always so you keep jumping into some bonus. 

When you get 50% dmg reduction when you are at 10% hp you will die. 50% dmg reducion is not extra, can be achieved by having I think 1000+ armor and in high lvl missions you wont feel it.