Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Killing My Melee Playstyle With Ember By Nerfing Overheat!

Pirate_Shark

Ember was nerfed to hell so much so she is unplayable with my current playstyle. I use to love ember because she was the only female frame that wasn't fragile and could deal a lot of damage close up. I enjoy face to face battles up close and personal. But I can nolonger to that because ember nolonger has resistances. The damage overheat does now doesn't make up for the extreme nerf in resistances to damage.

I can't melee infested anymore like I use to without getting killed by poison when I was highly resistant to it before. I can hardly stand corpus laser fire when before I could solo raptor just before the patch. So thanks for killing the frame I loved, killing the way I like to play the game, and for being the only reason left I loved this game. Ember was my everything in this game. No ember love = no customer. Fix it and you might get me back if I even see it.

Thanks for taking everything away I loved about this game! No way to adapt even with high level mods on a potatoed frame with potatoed weapons all level 30 and formed afew times. No other play style can satisfy the ninja in me. I don't have slots for another frame. Rino isn't Ember. I'm not really into playing guys in games. Like Ember is a frame that fits my personality and is a lot like me. So I'm totally not into these changes.

If you wanted to give her more offense then boost the damage of world on fire and leave overheat alone. Overheat is what made ember good and the only female frame that could do decent damage and still be kind of tanky. Now shes no different then any other female frame.

Edited by Pirate_Shark

. I use to love ember because she was the only female frame that wasn't fragile and could deal a lot of damage close up. I enjoy face to face battles up close and personal. But I can nolonger to that because ember nolonger has resistances.

Overheat is what made ember good and the only female frame that could do decent damage and still be kind of tanky. Now shes no different then any other female frame.

Saryn is the female frame meant to take a hit. Not as much as Frost or Rhino can, or as much as 70~90% damage reduction on Overheat, but she isn't squishy like the other girls. She also has an ability that poisons your melee weapon for up-close encounters, on top of Molt for distraction and Miasma to kill multiple enemies. Have you really tried her out since Ember is ruined for you (until DE responds to the outcry)?

I just explained all that needs to be explained. lol No other frame fits my personality, no other frame uses fire, no other frame is like me but ember! Get it now? I don't play guy frames. I'm a female so why would I get into a male frame? lol I seen what all the frames can do and none of them would fit me. I will admit it crushed me, it made me butt hurt, and it even made me upset. But there are enough games out there where I can be myself in so I'll just be playing those. Its sad to see something you been playing for a half a year be destroyed. All that work put into a single frame all the formas, all the releveling, etc.

A lot of you don't realize how specialized my ember was made to be. It takes a lot of work. You don't just simply replace a frame it takes months to master, tweak, and perfect to how you enjoy playing a game. My ember was like no other reformaed to my playstyle and could rival any other frame like rino. The reformas don't fit a caster. I made her into a DPS melee monster with a lot of shields and sometimes I also use health mods on her too. You don't realize how much work it would take to reforma her into something I could use. Shes not just any ember that can be replaced by another frame she is my custom Ember made to fit ME!

Edited by Pirate_Shark

I just explained all that needs to be explained. lol No other frame fits my personality, no other frame uses fire, no other frame is like me but ember! Get it now? I don't play guy frames. I'm a female so why would I get into a male frame? lol I seen what all the frames can do and none of them would fit me. I will admit it crushed me, it made me butt hurt, and it even made me upset. But there are enough games out there where I can be myself in so I'll just be playing those. Its sad to see something you been playing for a half a year be destroyed. All that work put into a single frame all the formas, all the releveling, etc.

A lot of you don't realize how specialized my ember was made to be. It takes a lot of work. You don't just simply replace a frame it takes months to master, tweak, and perfect to how you enjoy playing a game. My ember was like no other reformaed to my playstyle and could rival any other frame like rino. The reformas don't fit a caster. I made her into a DPS melee monster with a lot of shields and sometimes I also use health mods on her too. You don't realize how much work it would take to reforma her into something I could use. Shes not just any ember that can be replaced by another frame she is my custom Ember made to fit ME!

Beta.

To the bolded parts: You said that no other female frames can take a hit and get up close. I was simply responding to that and trying to help out by suggesting Saryn as a similar playstyle. Also, I never understood the "I'm female/male and can't/won't play male/female," but I have a friend like that so I guess I can respect your choice. Sorry if I upset you, I was only trying to make a suggestion, I didn't realize Ember or the fact she's the only fire frame was that important to you.

However, there is a lot of people angry over the Ember changes. DE even made a feedback topic to review the feedback and tweak Ember to fit the concerns and opinions that the community is voicing about these changes. There's still a chance she'll be back to her former glory, or a glory of similar status. Best of wishes that she is.

While this didn't need another thread, imho, I do agree with the OP: Anyone who says up close and personal isn't Ember's playstyle hasn't really looked at her abilities or at what class is the weakest against fire (It's the Infested).

Ember's own description states that she's got "surprising crowd-control possibilities"...so where are they, outside of damage output? If she's not a tank, then she needs utility powers that help her do her actual job.

Post a few non-tank utility power suggestions in this already big thread on the Warframe-specific forum if you have a few:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102127-anyone-else-watching-this-livestream-and-being-dissapointed-they-are-nerfing-overheat-tanking/

I would have enjoyed Ember like you too, but alas, with the nerf I've given up on farming her which was already annoying enough.

Understand that nothing can always fit your desires, but hopefully, Ember turns out for the better (like Rhino) and I can pick up farming Sargas Ruk.

Also, I'm a guy, but the frames I've built so far are both female. No problem.

If you wanted to give her more offense then boost the damage of world on fire and leave overheat alone. Overheat is what made ember good and the only female frame that could do decent damage and still be kind of tanky. Now shes no different then any other female frame.

"what's dying?" says Saryn. 

but honestly, 91% damage reduction with it's only limit a timer.... not only was that a power you just ALWAYS used, it was extremely powerful.

Ember is certainly a caster, but there was no reason for Ember to be that invulnerable. 

the biggest problem IMO, powers should be something you choose to use, not something you just press every X seconds because you just should always have it pressed. 

kind've like how Bastile and SnowGlobe are simply just powers you always repeat cast without a second thought. they should be something you choose to use in certain situations, not just overall superiorness if you press this button. 

it's similar to the 'if you're playing Nova, press your 4th power slot a bunch and things die or are laughably easy to kill' problem. 

powers should be choices, not requirements. 

that being said, no frame is perfectly balanced, and there will be changes to every frame over time, to try to continuously improve them. this does mean there will be ups and downs.

Ember was nerfed to hell so much so she is unplayable with my current playstyle. 

Those skilled in warfare move the enemy, and are not moved by the enemy. Getting the enemy to approach on his own accord is a matter of showing him advantage; stopping him from approaching is a matter of showing him harm…Those who are able to adapt and change and achieve victory are called divine.

-Sun Tzu, The Art Of War, Chapter VI: Weakness and Strength.

Edited by Darayas

Geez, a bit melodramatic, don't you think? If the DE took my darling Loki and made him ungodly slow, or made his Decoys not work, (that's never happened before, hardy har har) or if they suddenly decided his Invisibility should be replaced with Crystal Iron Skin, I wouldn't quit. I'd just scratch my head and be like "Whaaaa? Seriously?"

It would be great if DE released reasoning alongside tweaks so we could get a better idea of what they're trying to accomplish. 

Every one who says she is a damage dealer, she already has 3 damage and only damage abilitys, so now they are taking every utility out of ember and making her useless in high wave defense or any high wave mission, ability 1 ahoot a fire projectile, 2 ring of fire, 3 aoi fire damge, 4 aoi fire damage, is that a frame you would like to play as? Its now the same as world on fire just weaker

While this didn't need another thread, imho, I do agree with the OP: Anyone who says up close and personal isn't Ember's playstyle hasn't really looked at her abilities or at what class is the weakest against fire (It's the Infested).

Ember's own description states that she's got "surprising crowd-control possibilities"...so where are they, outside of damage output? If she's not a tank, then she needs utility powers that help her do her actual job.

Post a few non-tank utility power suggestions in this already big thread on the Warframe-specific forum if you have a few:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102127-anyone-else-watching-this-livestream-and-being-dissapointed-they-are-nerfing-overheat-tanking/

Fire causes panic animations in enemies, which is basically a short duration stun. There is your crowd control.