Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valykr Questions

Endyx220

Question

So I am debating on making Valykr (specifically prime) my main, but I have some questions.

I see alot of builds on the weapon with sacrifical mods, what benefit does crit do just more damage?
does rage work while in hysteria?
Is Valk ok for stuff like bounties and arbritations?

4 answers to this question

Not sure what you mean by main really in this game because different missions benefit from different frames. But that is fine. I use valkyr quite a bit. When in hysteria you can't get the benefit of rage bc you can't take damage. But if you run out of energy you will get it back and can go back to hysteria. Valkyr is fine for some arbitrations and bounties. Again bc different frames work best for different missions and sometimes it depends on the configuration of the rest of the team. 

A variation on that would be to use equilibrium if there is a nekros in the party or hunter adrenaline. I prefer hunter adrenaline. I haven't tried it with fleeting expertise.

Edit: note that you can only pick up the health orbs to benefit from energy with equilibrium if you have been damaged. Just something to keep in mind.

Edited by whiskey-one-eye

The benefit of the Sacrificial mods on her Exalted melee is that they aren't effected by Acolyte mods. Ordinarily you would have some kind of combo duration booster and Blood Rush to boost your crit chance, but those don't function on Hysteria's claws, which means you need the next-best option. Sacrifical mods fill that slot, even if the damage bonus from Sacrificial Steel is lower than Primed Pressure Point.

Rage will not work in Hysteria, as you are invincible.

Valkyr can be used for high-end missions, but she is generally what I would refer to as a "selfish" frame, lacking notable buffs or crowd control and with a short-ranged Exalted weapon. She can kill enemies reasonable swiftly when in Hysteria, but not large groups at a time. Mostly what I see from players using her is that they have Eternal War and some sort of whip to slide melee everywhere. That works, but would also work with something like Saryn to debuff enemies with Corrosive procs and inflict other status effects.

Edited by WrathAscending