The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to Hunt - BUG

JeJeCamarinha

Tranq Rifle Equipped, move to a marked zone, find the poop, and... Nothing. No yellow circle, no footsteps, no sounds, nothing. sometimes Biz talks, sometimes he doesn't, but what matters is i can't hunt. And once it happens, it just sticks for hours, and then radomly, I can hunt again one or two virmicks and it goes back to the bug.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Just now, JeJeCamarinha said:

Is this happening to anyone else?

If the 'object' is in a strange location. Works fine otherwise.

• Note that I always begin hunts with the Echo Lure for my desired creature out. I would suggest trying this to see if you have better luck.

Perhaps grab a few images of problematic locations and post them. It might be useful. 

Just now, Zanchak said:

Sometimes I have to spam the lure a lot before it triggers and goes to the tranq stage, while other times it only takes 1 or 2 echos. Try doing your lure more, and by more I mean a lot more lol

I never get to do the echo lure, cause the tracking stops when I get to the poop. I never get to the calling point

Just now, JeJeCamarinha said:

I never get to do the echo lure, cause the tracking stops when I get to the poop. I never get to the calling point

You seem to have misunderstood. Have the lure out before you start. Activate the tracking point with the lure out. See what happens. This is what I do, and it works about 99% of the time.

3 minutes ago, JeJeCamarinha said:

What are you "tracking" before you get to the poop? Because activating the poop.. starts the tracking.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

You seem to have misunderstood. Have the lure out before you start. Activate the tracking point with the lure out. See what happens. This is what I do, and it works about 99% of the time.

Try this.

17 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

What are you "tracking" before you get to the poop?

It was means of speech, i track the marking, that's all.

I just tried it again, and still nothing. Biz warns me about fresh footsteps, but I don't see any, and the yellow circle never shows up. 

Here's some problematic places I found just today:

Spoiler

fJCBkIy.jpgSo with this one you can't see the trail at all, luckily as I headed towards the center of the circle I did find the call location.

The next one is three shots, two of the same location but also showing something bugy happened with the graphics that I think might have also caused the trail to not appear. Biz did show up for me, but no trial for this one.

Spoiler

gycN2sD.jpg

eh3DCaS.jpg

wIy0BNF.jpg

Edited by ml1201

2 minutes ago, ml1201 said:

Here's some problematic places I found just today:

fJCBkIy.jpgSo with this one you can't see the trail at all, luckily as I headed towards the center of the circle I did find the call location.

The next one is three shots, two of the same location but also showing something bugy happened with the graphics that I think might have also caused the trail to not appear. Biz did show up for me, but no trial for this one.

gycN2sD.jpg

eh3DCaS.jpg

wIy0BNF.jpg

Tracks won't show up on frozen sludge or mountain sides. I've reported similar spots.

The Astra(?) Creator unique spot, as not only will tracking not begin there but tracks passing through the area stop/disappear.

• 3 weeks later...