Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Regarding Trading With Plats

McSwarlton

Question

So recently a friend of mine got her account suspended for obtaining illegal plats. She was just trading stuff with people and one day she found that she can no longer log in. Plat amount on her account was in the negatives and the only way to regain the account is to buy her way out of negative plats.

So my question is how do we know that when we trade, we don't fall victim to this same incident? Is there a way to be sure we're trading with someone legit before we not only receive illegal plat, but also get punished by DE for being a victim of a crime?

I have over 1k hours in this game and this has made me hesitant to trade my rivens. Let me know if there's anyway to prevent this. 

If a DE rep can weigh in their thoughts, that would be much appreciated!

Edited by McSwarlton

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

In short: we don't know.

Always keep your gained plat for a while. Contact Support in case of issues.

Sorry I don't understand, keep as in?

And what do you mean by issues? The only way to know if we've obtained illegal plat is by logging into a suspended account, so that'll be too late

Edited by McSwarlton

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

basically hold on to your plat if it is a big amount from another player for about a week or at least a few days.

There is literally nothing else to do and I hate this. I have no idea why that is there policy other than just breaking knee caps.

For a long time myself and other members of the community have tried to get DE to respond on this topic and they always go radio silence whenever the topic of their moderation and ban system gets brought up, often claiming their "gathering feedback".

For how good of a game Warframe is, it is such a let down to see the way they handle the community sometimes.