Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Charger and Mecha set + Chesa with Fetch and Retrieve, rework Retrieve?

jmthebigman

The Helminth Charger is a kubrow. It can use every Kubrow mod and armor set, yet the new Mecha set cant be equiped on the Helminth Charger. There is no reason that the Helminth cant use the set not to mention he would benefit greatly with Mecha Overdrive witch would probably make more people use him. 
Is this an oversight? is this a bug? will we get an equal status mod or better for the Helminth Charger later on?

The Chesa has a mod called retrieve which now has become worthless because of Fetch and is in dire need of an update. Same treatment like Carrier is warranted when all sentinels got vacuum. 
Is this on the table or was this forgotten?

Yeah I was really disoapointed that the helminth charger can't use the mecha mods, thought it would be fixed a few hot fixes ago when they fixed the other mods it couldn't use. I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed to use the mods beyond it just being a bug, they even act and sound like kubros, just look different slightly.

13 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

I hope other people will start giving ideas for Retrieve rework.

I wouldn't mind the old Fetch (around Kubrow) combined with Retrieve. Then Chesa could have a vacuum and also loot places effectively. Also making it do it actively during combat would be lovely (same should be applied to Sahasa's Dig).

Also I honestly wouldn't mind Chesa getting ammo mutation with some tweak to make it a bit different from Carrier. Heck ammo mutation + energy/health mutation would be sweet.

6 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

As for Retrieve, it should really be made so that it acts like Ivara's pickpocket IMO.

Oh, that could be actually great. Extra loot from enemies and it would trigger nicely in combat (and would fit in the theme with Neutralize, steal their weapon and their loot :D).

Edited by Judqment8

7 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

The only reason I can see charger not being able to use the set is if they had plans to make charger more of its own thing

I'm kinda worried they're planning to hold out on Chargers until the third open map addition (We've had Grineer, now Corpus, so logically next would be infested). It would be a pretty dog move considering the Helminth Charger has counted as a kubrow for all the other mods and armors until now. Adding onto that, literally every pet and sentinel just got a mod set excluding the Helminth. A DE employee has confirmed that it is intentional, but I'm hoping they change their mind on this issue.

6 minutes ago, Drakirion. said:

I'm kinda worried they're planning to hold out on Chargers until the third open map addition (We've had Grineer, now Corpus, so logically next would be infested). It would be a pretty dog move considering the Helminth Charger has counted as a kubrow for all the other mods and armors until now. Adding onto that, literally every pet and sentinel just got a mod set excluding the Helminth. A DE employee has confirmed that it is intentional, but I'm hoping they change their mind on this issue.

Doubtful its intended when I contacted support they said to keep an eye on the hotfixes dodging if there were plans or if it was a bug.
Not to mention no open source statement either.

2 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

Doubtful its intended when I contacted support they said to keep an eye on the hotfixes dodging if there were plans or if it was a bug.
 Not to mention no open source statement either.

You even quoted the picture in the other thread where the DE staff confirmed it was intentional they can't use it :V

1 minute ago, Drakirion. said:

You even quoted the picture in the other thread where the DE staff confirmed it was intentional they can't use it :V

picture from someone, but no public statement from a staff member.
And when I made a ticket they said keep an eye on the hotfixes... nice conflicting stuff wouldnt ya say?

2 hours ago, Drakirion. said:

Source to where they said this please?

Personally if I had to guess, based on little things Steve has said over the years the Charger, and the Helminth room, have always had more coming for them, but it always seemed like Steve was waiting for certain story details to come to light, specifically those brought to light in the Sacrifice (despite not being news, it was the "big reveal" for the bulk population and the reveal to the Operators themselves), if I had to guess with those done and as the Fortuna stuff is wrapped up and manpower resources open up, if this is intentional, it will be wrapped up soon* as one of the many "secret projects" in the works that Steve keeps saying they have in devstreams since Tennocon.

If they still had secret teams working on stuff other than The New War, Fortuna, Chimera, Melee 3.0 and Railjack, I suspect it would be something that they want to make a good showing out of.

*Soon determined based on Digital Extremes Standard Time. Remember one Digital Extremes Minute is equal to one Earth Rotation. A Digital Extremes Hour is equal to one Lunar Orbit. A Digital Extremes Day is equal to one Earth Orbit. A Digital Extremes Month is equal to one Solar Orbit around the center of the galaxy. A Digital Extremes Year is equal to one Galactic Orbit around the Center of the Universe.

Edited by squirrel_killer-
Adding soon disclaimer