Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feature Request] Player reputation system

SpawnTDK

hey there,

again i had a mission in the plains with someone who ignored the mission (mr21) and just mined.

this is a frequent thing to happen, so how about a player reputation system, and of course this would be abusable, here's the idea:

•  players are able to setup a reputation filter, so the won't be bothered with someone below a certain score
  •  possible reputations: Positive (1.3) - Neutral (1.0)  - Negative (0.9)

the numbers are the a score and since ppl tend to abuse such systems or only evaluate negative things, it's to balance things up

•  reputations only avaliable after a mission for 1 hour (leaving the team after mission success or fail won't save the "culprint")
  •  friends and clanmembers can't evaluate
  • if players play more frequent together, the reputation score get's replaced, so you can evaluate someone only 1 time
  • to distribute or recive reputations a player has to hit a certain mastery rank (ex. mr 9)
  • you have to recive at least 10 or 20 reputations bevor the score get's calculated

this idea is not new, but as far i know, no game has something like that.

ignore this kind of people ofc works, but this works only after he had his thing, and also he just joins somewhere else, a system like that would work bevorhand

yea, my english is not the best 😉

Edited by SpawnTDK

its something, as you said, can be abused very easily, you dont need to do bad or anything, if someone think you do bad, for example, based on your damage done(which means nothing most of the time) they can just give you a bad rep, or they can do it for no reason, there is a lot of troll in the game who would just give bad rep to anyone they play with

also, theres a thing in your solution which would make it even more easy to abuse,the mastery level, if its too high trolls can just decide not to hit that level and they will be completelly immune to it, if its too low, new players might get a lot of bad rep simply because theyre just.. new to the game, and we all know there are a lot of people who hate new players

and even if there was a rep system, any kind, most people would ignore that, just like how people ignore the rep system on warframe.market

and one more thing, what if you get like 20 good rep, then decide to be a complete scumbag? or the opposite of this, since you have 20 bad rep, nobody is going to play with you, and now you cant get good reps at all, youre stuck with other trolls or playing solo

Rep system would be good for long missions, like the trials we had for example, but its not a really good idea for everyday missions where you can play with a hundred people in a single hour if youre fast enough

this could only work if DE would decide who gets marked as having "a bad reputation".

You can always report a Leech to the support team, as such behavior is against the Eula.

Based on those reports DE could issue bad reputation scores to those players. Or give them a friendly swing with the banhammer (See you in 2038).

Another way i see DE punish those Players would be preventing them from interacting with other Players for a certain amount of time. So they wouldn't be able to join games, invite others or communicate ingame.

But all those ways will require quite some workforce at DE to maintain them. And i would rather see this workforce used to release new features.

When i encounter a Leech i just leave the mission and put them on ignore, in most cases that helps to never see them again.

1 hour ago, SpawnTDK said:

again i had a mission in the plains with someone who ignored the mission (mr21) and just mined.

this is a frequent thing to happen, so how about a player reputation system, and of course this would be abusable, here's the idea:

Its been awhile since I logged into the plains but I know if I just log into Orb Vallis directly, it will put me with a squad if I dont turn that off.  My theory here is that matchmaking isnt always working like you think it is he landed to mine. 

This is why reputation scores are bad. He landed intending to mine and thats what he is doing. So in his mind, he isnt doing anything wrong.