Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Thoughts

WolfgangHype

What is Garuda supposed to do? She seems to be designed around a kind of melee focus. But then half of her abilities feel like they're meant to stay back and shoot at things from a distance. Blood altar give you small area to be somewhat safe, limiting how much you want to chase after enemies and more or less negates your passive. Dread mirror dives you into a crowd but then gives you a shield that will only protect you from the front. Her charge abilities lock her to the ground, limiting positioning. Seeking Talons just wants you to be away from the fight as much as possible so you can hit as many enemies as possible, and the charge up means you don't want to be standing in the middle of a fight.

shes not melee focused in sense of everything she does is about melee. she can melee and she can play from a distance. blood altar healing scales with how much health you are missing and between that and bloodletting you got p much infinite energy so if you wanna go to melee you either position yourself in a way that using her 1 wont leave you open for too much(in corridors and whatnot) or you dive in with a blood altar spam. the healing it provides makes it quite easy to stay alive even at arbitrations/sorties and whatnot.

and i personally use her 4 before i jump in a crowd if im going in for a melee so i can start off with a stun and have slash procs helping me through it. its also a nice debuff skill for group play.

shes definitely one of the more weirder frames we got as far as design choices go, but her kit still works fine when you use their strengths properly but its also extra punishing if you dont. shes personally my new main cus shes the only frame that i did not wanna change after 3 consecutive games(i've been playing her since fortuna came out, and never got bored at all.) but i can see why not everybody wouldnt like her.