Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need an option to hide Lotus tutorial videos

Ambaire

Lotus, I'm mastery rank 7, at Pluto, and I've done well over 200 individual excavations by now. I know how to find them, defend them, and power them. Please stop your pointless video popups for every single one. I feel my sanity slipping every time I see one.

Same thing goes for invasion, spy, rescue, and all the other missions that have unskippable unblockable newbie tutorial videos.

These tutorial videos are the only reason that I muted communications volume. If there was a way to hide them, I would gladly unmute communications.

Edit: And yes, I have disabled 'Hint Transmissions'. The option didn't seem to do anything.

Edited by Ambaire

I know how you feel. It's really annoying sometimes. You can mute her, but not only does that mean muting all the things you might actually want to hear, it doesn't actually stop the transmission windows from popping up. We need an option like we have for disabling Operator dialogue.

Might be hard to implement though.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

I know how you feel. It's really annoying sometimes. You can mute her, but not only does that mean muting all the things you might actually want to hear, it doesn't actually stop the transmission windows from popping up. We need an option like we have for disabling Operator dialogue.

Might be hard to implement though.

They should have been considered part of "Hint Transmissions" and disabled along with whatever that option does.

The only transmissions I want to hear from Lotus are quest specific only.

1 minute ago, Ambaire said:

They should have been considered part of "Hint Transmissions" and disabled along with whatever that option does.

The only transmissions I want to hear from Lotus are quest specific only.

I'm no developer, so I can't say why it would be difficult, but I tend to go under the assumption that everything in development is harder than we think unless proven otherwise. For all we know, they could have to do this individually for each transmission, or it could be under a bunch of tangled code, or any number of things. Best we can do is just keep bringing up the suggestion and hope they consider it worthwhile. 

Maybe "Mission Specific Transmissions"? Ones that play for each type of mission? I suppose a new sub menu that allows toggling the "Mission Specific Transmissions" for each mission type in the game. So one could turn off the Hints for Survival and Excavation but leave the others on, or turn them all off entirely.