The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Sentient and Warframe designs

Reaar

Click here to visit my prior thread

20181118_184001_by_dertodesbote-dcsaqpu.

Tried to go a bit wild while still staying within the confines of the established style. A heavy melee unit, a strider, a mortar unit and what is basically meant to be a bigger version of the Vomvalysts. Recycled a lot of stuff from existing ingame units and some concept art they released.

Then there's some older Warframe designs I made. None of the frame ideas are mine, but i still wanted to show off a bit what I did with them.

First of all is a design requested by ScottZi115 for a speed based frame. Was supposed to have thrusters around the body. (Apologies for links, but for some reason the image url seems to disagree with the forum.)

sketches

full body, "closed" and "open"

Limb detail

Then there was a request for an alchemy frame. At first i went too far into the wizard direction, but changed him to have a focus and less of a pointed hat. Dunno what the guy had in mind for his abilities, but I always thought he would be centered around status effects; something like a ability version of condition overload and what is now the Mecha set bonus.

alchemy_frame__color_by_dertodesbote-dca

Last and maybe least, the dreaded fatframe. I really don't care about the debate, but I thought it would be funny to at least try and design something for it. In my mind, it would started slow but, build up momenum, and could cast a forward moving barrier.

fatframe_by_dertodesbote-dbd8lfr.png

Edited by Reaar

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-18 at 1:29 PM, Reaar said:

20181118_184001_by_dertodesbote-dcsaqpu.

Tried to go a bit wild while still staying within the confines of the established style. A heavy melee unit, a strider, a mortar unit and what is basically meant to be a bigger version of the Vomvalysts. Recycled a lot of stuff from existing ingame units and some concept art they released.

Then there's some older Warframe designs I made. None of the frame ideas are mine, but i still wanted to show off a bit what I did with them.

First of all is a design requested by ScottZi115 for a speed based frame. Was supposed to have thrusters around the body. (Apologies for links, but for some reason the image url seems to disagree with the forum.)

sketches

full body, "closed" and "open"

Limb detail

Then there was a request for an alchemy frame. At first i went too far into the wizard direction, but changed him to have a focus and less of a pointed hat. Dunno what the guy had in mind for his abilities, but I always thought he would be centered around status effects; something like a ability version of condition overload and what is now the Mecha set bonus.

alchemy_frame__color_by_dertodesbote-dca

Last and maybe least, the dreaded fatframe. I really don't care about the debate, but I thought it would be funny to at least try and design something for it. In my mind, it would started slow but, build up momenum, and could cast a forward moving barrier.

fatframe_by_dertodesbote-dbd8lfr.png

Heh, you still alive out there Mr. Reaar? Your talent certainly is. Hope we can work together a bit more some time.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Unus:

Heh, you still alive out there Mr. Reaar? Your talent certainly is. Hope we can work together a bit more some time.

Thank you. Still alive; or so I am told  😛

Will have to see about collaborations. Interested, but would require some timetable management. University may not be as stressful as final exams, but it definitely matches the tedium. And I still have a bucketload of other projects to juggle ^^'