Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive Boost Feels Redundant

DrBorris

It is just normal movement, but faster. Which to a degree is a "no duh" thing, but because boosting is 'just' faster movement it is basically just something you always use. The only time you are not using boost is when you can't (or if you are just grinding rep). There should be some trade off with boost, and just as importantly a greater reward. It is like not being able to aim down sights and sprint at the same time.

As it stands, if you use the movement speed mod (Extreme Velocity) alone you get this...

qS79Xks.png

Which is... questionable. So in some cases boost is literally redundant (although you would generally use Nitro Boost to bring your boost speed to 27.3).

What boosting needs is to be more of a game-play decision as well as fix the modding issues. Here are two ideas I have...

Option A)

• Just make boost a percentage multiplier to "speed", really should be at least 30%.

Option B)

• Have boosting severely limit your ability to turn.
  • Change the 'Boost Speed' stat to a multiplier instead of a different speed limit, probably starting at a base 50% (which would make base boost speed 27)

Option C)

• Add more momentum conservation when moving to K-Drives (only conserve momentum while holding a movement key).
  • Boosting is a burst of speed (with a short cool-down) instead of something you toggle on, give a similar charge up mechanic to what jumping has.
  • That burst of speed is a multiplier to your current speed (maybe 20% base). So you can build up your speed continually given you don't wipe out or hit the breaks.
Edited by DrBorris

I was gonna point this out as well. It makes it absolutely useless to use boost after you get the flat speed upgrade for the K-Drive, since you move faster without boosting. I'm surprised that the boost isn't a % increase over the speed modifier.

all the K-drive thing is redundant, in the end i tend to use my archwing to travel from A to  B. The time when i reach the point to need the MR from K-Drive to rank up MR.26, then i will bother with this thing. And maybe by that time, K-Drive would be a better story.

8 minutes ago, xcenic said:

all the K-drive thing is redundant, in the end i tend to use my archwing to travel from A to  B. The time when i reach the point to need the MR from K-Drive to rank up MR.26, then i will bother with this thing. And maybe by that time, K-Drive would be a better story.

I could never bother with the grind required to use the Airwing, especially since I've been kicked out of my clan for prolonged inactivity (due to being burnt out). So I guess k-drives are made for people like me, since the first one is, you know, given for free, the others are just cosmetic upgrades (the few mods not included) and the launcher has infinite charges.