The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launch Build: 23.5.0 Mask of the Revenant!

[DE]Rebecca

Greetings Nintenno!

You join us all on a very special day: the release of the first, portable console version of Warframe, on the Nintendo Switch - none of which would have been possible without the expert help of our development partners, Panic Button!

A lot of time and love has gone into this release, and we hope that regardless of whether you are a newcomer to Warframe, or a long-term player looking to move to the Switch, you will enjoy everything that Warframe has to offer, on the go.

For more information, Update notes, and to gather with your fellow Nintenno Community, make sure you explore our forums!! Learn what's included in this momentous occasion here: 
61cb4a6905ef705fb66fa0343591d997.jpg

NEW WARFRAME: REVENANT
Introducing the 36th Warframe, Revenant! Afflicted by Sentient energy, Revenant rises from the shadows to prey on the weak and unwilling. 

PASSIVE: Shield depletion smashes nearby enemies with a knockdown shockwave.

ENTHRALL
Convert a target into a zealous thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall through damage. On death, they disintegrate into a damaging pillar of energy. The thrall horde remains under Revenants spell until this ability runs out.

MESMER SKIN
Become enveloped in Sentient energy, which redirects damage and stuns all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost. 

REAVE 
Dash through enemies as a wall of Sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, enhanced for thralls.

DANSE MACABRE
Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. Incoming damage is redirected to the beams. Hold fire to boost range and damage, while also increasing energy consumption. Damage type can adapt to select defenses. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.*

* To invoke a more Sentient theme with Revenant, the last detail to change since past Devstream presentations is his Danse Macabre Damage. Sentients in the wild can often adapt to your attacks...so the damage output of the Danse Macabre now can adapt to certain enemy defenses!
3 special adaptations exist for the damage types of Danse Macabre: 

• Striking Armor will adapt Danse Macabre into Corrosive Damage.
  • Striking Shields will adapt Danse Macabre into Magnetic Damage.
  • Striking Infested Flesh will adapt Danse Macabre into Gas Damage.

This will be at a base 20% Status Chance, amplified by holding the default Left-Mouse Button. 

PHANTASMA
Irradiate enemies with a continuous stream of deadly plasma. Charging secondary fire releases a glob of plasma that erupts with homing bomblets on impact.

VANIA HELMET
A uniquely-style alternate helmet for Revenant.
6babfce88f6e1c417334021919c1bba5.jpg

As this is the Debut build on the Switch, it's our starting point! Our notes highlight content you may want to check out, and we will list future Changes and Fixes as we update the game!

Hi Rebecca, firstly thanks to the DE team for the amazing port, secondly just checking, the other console versions of 23.5.0 got the season 13 Tennogen skins, I don't seem to have any of the warframe skins or helmets only weapon skins, will we be getting the skins as well? I was really looking forward to picking up the Ronin Excalibur skin. 

Edited by (NSW)Enso

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying the switch.

One little thing I need to figure out, the default buttons for action and cancel are the opposite of my ps4 and xbox conrollers, killing me making mistakes on like hacking when playing different platforms through habit, but I cant see how to change it.