Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation Takeover: All is become Pobber

Vypor

I type this now before their chiseling teeth find me. The rest of you, heed my warning and save yourselves.

Since the hotfix, I went out to seek Kubrodon spawns for farming rep, however, I found none. All was Pobber. The following screenshot shows conservation points. All was pobber. Every one of them.

t30gmt2.jpg

I decided to see if I merely had bad luck, or if this was the telling signs of the end of Vallis as we know it. The following was after I entered Fortuna and came back out.

3yvs40r.jpg

All was Pobber.

I decided to conserve some of them, perhaps to appease the God-Pobber. To see if they would allow other conservation points to spawn.

The following is a screenshot of the same previous map, but every conservation spot I completed, never respawned. No others appeared. And the smaller encircled point was a case where one pobber when running down the rocks fell through the world (Indicated spot with the waypoint), and I could not find them again. I can only assume they escaped to warn their brethren that someone was onto them.
RMotfmr.jpg

The very next attempt to 'conserve' the Pobber point, resulted in no sound playing, yet I had a prompt to do a follow up call. Biz told me to pull out the tranq rifle and get ready. And so I did. I, whom have cut down swaths of heavily armed Grineer and Corpus. Whom has brought down mighty Eidolons, sat in the snow, back to a rock, and waited. Where the only sound I heard was the howling wind and snow blowing through the crags. I waited.

Nothing came.

They know. They come for us.

There is nothing else to conserve, because all has become Pobber. All will serve Pobber. The Pobbering has begun, and all shall feel the God-Pobber's wrath, as they smite down all whom do not possess the blessed incisors.

The gear which I was using did not seem to matter. At first I thought it was Oxylus' precept that created more conservation points, but I was a fool. It merely added to the Pobbers. I brought out my cat instead to see if anything changed. It did not matter, no cat can consume Rodents of such Unusual Quantity. All was Pobber. There will only ever be Pobber. Biz how could you not foresee this outcome, a Kubrodon's mandibular strength may be able to bite a leg in half, but what good is a Kubrodon's Mandibular strength against the unstoppable nibbling of the Pobber? They are gone now. All of them.

I write this in Fortuna, before I commence a sweep of my landing craft to cleanse what Pobbers have snuck on board, and then I am leaving this planet. If you know what is good for you, you will commit this ball of rock and Pobber to Exterminatus.

I and my friend had this happen to us as well this evening! We were just out in the Vallis for the past half hour trying to find Kubrodons and Bolarolas. NONE of those would spawn any time we went out. So we hunted a vermink, but then after we decided to try resetting the map, absolutely every spawn point was nothing but pobbers for both of us. We split up to see if it was a bug, and in our individual maps, they remained completely pobbers.

Definitely a bizarre roll of the RNG, if you ask me!

I suggest everyone here to not use "Scan Lifeforms" and "reset" Orb Vallis by entering from your Orbiter.

I was gonna make a topic on this. Here's my post / research. 

============================================================================

Conservation / Oxylus "Scan Lifeforms" mod - 2 bugs

NOTE: Without the "Scan Lifeforms" mod, the poop numbers are consistently these, from what I've seen.

Pobbers / Vermink / Bolarola / Kubrodon
4 / 4 / 4 / 4 = 16

NOTE: The "Scan Lifeforms" mod description is "+4 Maximum Active Conservation Encounters"

------
Bug 1)
------

I have the four current Conservation lures. "Bug 1" is "Scan Lifeforms" doesn't seem to increase all the "poop spawns" due to some maximum "poop spawn" cap. I don't see any Kurbrodon poop spawns with this mod maxed and currently installed on my Oxylus.

I counted the poop when entering Obr Vallis solo from my orbiter and then aborting to Orbiter. I have my Oxylus installed with maxed "Scan Lifeforms" mod (+4 Maximum Active Conservation Encounters).

This poop count is from looking at the advanced map while holding the animal lure in my Warframe's hand.

6 / 6 / 6 / 0 = 18
8 / 6 / 4 / 0 = 18
8 / 6 / 4 / 0 = 18
6 / 7 / 5 / 0 = 18
8 / 8 / 4 / 0 = 20
7 / 8 / 3 / 0 = 18

------
Bug 2)
------

"Bug 2" is when I have "Scan Lifeforms" equipped, the poop numbers become increasingly skewed to Pobbers the more I return to Fortuna and enter Orb Vallis with the elevator.

Here I enter Orb Vallis from my Orbiter, then go to Fortuna and back via elevator while solo. I counted poop each time I'm in Orb Vallis.

(Chain 1)
8 / 7 / 6 / 0 = 21
15/ 5 / 0 / 0 = 20
17/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 17
19/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 19
19/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 19
19/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 19

(I leave and go to my Orbiter to start a second chain)
(Chain 2)
8 / 7 / 6 / 0 = 21
14/ 6 / 0 / 0 = 20
19/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 19

(I leave and go to my Orbiter to start a third chain)
(Chain 3)
7 / 8 / 5 / 0 = 20
15/ 5 / 0 / 0 = 20
18/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 18

• 2 weeks later...

"Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.3
Fixed Oxylus Lifeform precept not showing Kubrodon points."

I did more testing after this change. Bug 1 is fixed more or less. Bug 2 still exists. 

"Bug 2 is when I have Scan Lifeforms equipped, the poop numbers become increasingly skewed to Pobbers the more I return to Fortuna and enter Orb Vallis with the elevator."

Note: I'm counting spawn locations when holding specific lures and looking at the advanced map. I have all 4 conservation lures and Scan Lifeforms maxed (+4 Maximum Active Conservation Encounters).

Here I counted the regular spawn locations with each lure on the advanced map WITHOUT Scan Lifeforms. I enter Orb Vallis from my orbiter and leave to my orbiter.

Pobbers / Vermink / Bolarola / Kubrodon
4 / 4 / 4 / 4 = 16
4 / 4 / 4 / 4 = 16
4 / 4 / 4 / 4 = 16

Here I install maxed Scan Lifeforms. I enter Orb Vallis from my orbiter and leave to my orbiter. Some Kubrodons spawn. Wish it wasn't sometimes 3 Kubrodons but this is better than 0 Kubrodons.

5 / 4 / 5 / 5 = 19
5 / 5 / 5 / 3 = 18
5 / 4 / 5 / 4 = 18
5 / 5 / 5 / 3 = 18
6 / 4 / 5 / 5 = 20

Here I install maxed Scan Lifeforms. I enter Orb Vallis from my orbiter at the start. I then leave with the Fortuna elevator and return with the Fortuna elevator about 19 times. This is one big chain.

5 / 5 / 5 / 4 = 19
5 / 6 / 6 / 3 = 20
7 / 5 / 6 / 0 = 18
8 / 6 / 4 / 0 = 18
9 / 8 / 4 / 0 = 21
10/ 7 / 0 / 0 = 17
11/ 8 / 0 / 0 = 19
12/ 7 / 0 / 0 = 19
13/ 5 / 0 / 0 = 18
14/ 8 / 0 / 0 = 22
13/ 6 / 0 / 0 = 19
16/ 5 / 0 / 0 = 21
14/ 5 / 0 / 0 = 19
17/ 3 / 0 / 0 = 20
18/ 3 / 0 / 0 = 21
20/ 1 / 0 / 0 = 21
18/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 18
19/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 19
16/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 16
18/ 0 / 0 / 0 = 18

Conclusion: Fortuna repeatedly adds the "Scan Lifeforms" effect (+4 Maximum Active Conservation Encounters) when going back to Fortuna and coming back to Orb Vallis with the elevator.