Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha as Fantastic support with Reaping Chakram

kapn655321

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)Radehx a dit :

Those high levels are fun for some people because there is no margin of error. Mess up timing once and you're toast. Some people like a challenge...and to claim it doesn't require skill while pretending your EO or A somehow require skill is hilarious 😉

On that i agree.

I just realised tho the video you linked in your first post was the umpteenth video of rio showing off a random frame camping a corner with zenistar blocking spawns and dumping zarr rounds down a stairway / chokepoint / whatever. All that while also being sheltered under an ancient specter DR. 

That takes no amounts of skill. Literally none. Also it doesn't take any "build". You can do the same thing in a banshee with zero surviveability mods and have the exact same amount of success. 

Now that doesn't necessarily devaluate the whole invulnerable nezha build. I have seen that one in use by people who understand playstyles different than mindless camping with full lockdowns and no risks involved. Again i prefer the other variant but that's beside the point. 

24 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

On that i agree.

I just realised tho the video you linked in your first post was the umpteenth video of rio showing off a random frame camping a corner with zenistar blocking spawns and dumping zarr rounds down a stairway / chokepoint / whatever. All that while also being sheltered under an ancient specter DR. 

That takes no amounts of skill. Literally none. Also it doesn't take any "build". You can do the same thing in a banshee with zero surviveability mods and have the exact same amount of success. 

Now that doesn't necessarily devaluate the whole invulnerable nezha build. I have seen that one in use by people who understand playstyles different than mindless camping with full lockdowns and no risks involved. Again i prefer the other variant but that's beside the point. 

Banshee can't get as far, at least not solo...mostly because she's toast if you #*!% up. Nezha is this strong because of invulnerability not too many other frames have. Same group as Nidus or Wukong...or Oberon with Phoenix Renewal.

And it does require skill because you can't face tank using this tactic without moving (like Nidus for example can). Also, for long runs you always camp. If everyone runs around like a headless chicken you #*!% up spawn rate too much. 

All I'm saying is that the invul build will simply allow you to run for longer, because it doesn't really fall off. The other build does. Doesn't mean either is more fun imo, but it's a fact that the invul build has the better tank and given you save on mod slots, damage/duration too. 

It's fine to prefer the other setup, but to pretend it isn't weaker (a fact) or hating on stronger setups is incredibly childish. It's also silly and akin to saying Wukong shouldn't use defy if he wants to be edgy, or Nidus shouldn't build stacks because using a legit ability is somehow "cheesing it".  

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)Radehx a dit :

Banshee can't get as far, at least not solo...mostly because she's toast if you #*!% up. Nezha is this strong because of invulnerability not too many other frames have. Same group as Nidus or Wukong...or Oberon with Phoenix Renewal.

And it does require skill because you can't face tank using this tactic without moving (like Nidus for example can). Also, for long runs you always camp. If everyone runs around like a headless chicken you #*!% up spawn rate too much. 

That's blatantly false. If you're set up like Rio is in this (and many others) videos, you can go much farther with banshee than amy other frame. There is no risk. Your surviveability build doesn't matter one wee bit. 

Standing on a ledge with hard obstacles between you and the enemy at all times is not skill. I can do the same in the sewers with a volt and a couple of specific weapons. Does standing in the middle of a sink with an invulnerable barrier between you and enemy fire qualifies as skill? Heck no. 

Rio wasn't even solo. 

On top of that, i can guarantee you that a 3 man team with none of the cheesy bullS#&$ can go far higher than lv 300 odd as shown without camping a single second. Not camping is different than running around like a hallway hero. You stay close and mobile. 

This dead end zenistar spamming snore fest is the furthest from a challenging and/or fun endurance run you can go. It's number padding. You can thriw together a comp that goes level cap in a minute of theorycrafting with that much cheese involved, seeing it work at lv 300 is so funny i can't really count that as a review even. 

6 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

stuff

And how exactly does that change the FACT that the invul setup beats the other one in both tank and damage/duration? That's all I'm saying here.

If you consider another playstyle more fun, you do you, but that's not what I'm arguing here. The setup is stronger no matter how you play it. It's using a legit ability and not some bug too. 

So even if you don't camp, it's objectively still the stronger setup...which is all I'm saying.

you can go much farther with banshee than amy other frame

Yeah...Octavia and Ivara want to have a chat with you 😉

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)Radehx a dit :

And how exactly does that change the FACT that the invul setup beats the other one in both tank and damage/duration? That's all I'm saying here.

If you consider another playstyle more fun, you do you, but that's not what I'm arguing here. The setup is stronger no matter how you play it. It's using a legit ability and not some bug too. 

So even if you don't camp, it's objectively still the stronger setup...which is all I'm saying.

That's the whole point, it really isn't. It's another, comparable way of playing.

I'll leave you with just one small piece of food for thought. If the high end eHP based Vitality + HC has one shot problems, how do you rate the setup that has 5k odd eHP as more surviveable than the other? You do have to get damaged to lose that 1-5k halo. The window at which the enemy one shots you through halo is, in ypur opinion, higher on 90k+ eHP before Adaptation setup or on a 5k one? 

As i said before, the invulnerable setup has a risk spike when halo is up and zero risk the rest of the time. The other setup has more consistent risk. And they cater to different playstyles. That's all there is to it. 

5 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

That's the whole point, it really isn't. It's another, comparable way of playing.

I'll leave you with just one small piece of food for thought. If the high end eHP based Vitality + HC has one shot problems, how do you rate the setup that has 5k odd eHP as more surviveable than the other? You do have to get damaged to lose that 1-5k halo. The window at which the enemy one shots you through halo is, in ypur opinion, higher on 90k+ eHP before Adaptation setup or on a 5k one? 

As i said before, the invulnerable setup has a risk spike when halo is up and zero risk the rest of the time. The other setup has more consistent risk. And they cater to different playstyles. That's all there is to it. 

You are misunderstanding halo! The points aren't EHP. You die WAY before your points run out past certain levels. Whether you enjoy playing those levels is kinda irrelevant.

The point is that it doesn't matter whether stuff one-shots you if you run the invul setup. Only having 3-5k in halo points, in that case, ensures the invul triggers instead of just killing you while leaving you with a ton of pointless halo points. 

And again, you save on mod slots you can then use to boost your overall stats. So it isn't just the better setup in terms of tanking.

Doesn't mean the other setup isn't fun or viable up to high levels, but it is objectively weaker.